1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sweet old oriental lady

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by nicoss, Feb 23, 2007.

1. nicoss

nicoss New Member

The other day I was talking with my service guy about the EV button when we heard a horrible screeching noise and an other PRIUS slowly rolled in the service area driven by a sweet old oriental lady.

The discussion that followed is priceless:

Service Advisor: May I help you.
    Sweet Old Lady: My cal is making bad noise
    SA: Well, lets have a look; when did it start doing it?
    SOL: today
    SA: OK, and starts walking around the car for a first visual inspection
    SA: (by the passenger side of the car) Did you know that you were hit by another car?
    (The whole right side is badly smashed and the front right wheel is at an odd angle, rubbing with the body !!!)
    SOL: OH?; she gets out of the car, walks around, looks at the damage and exclaims: Wallanty? Wallanty?
    SA: This is a hit & run mum and you must contact the police & your insurance.
    SOL: Wallanty? Wallanty?

2. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nicos @ Feb 23 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]395199[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. dylandog

dylandog New Member

BTW - The word "Oriental" is considered a derogatory term by most Asians, Pacific Islanders and Chinese. :eek:

5. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dylandog @ Feb 24 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]396087[/snapback]</div>
    The other day I was talking with my service guy about the EV button when we heard a horrible screeching noise and an other PRIUS slowly rolled in the service area driven by a sweet old <strike>oriental</strike> lady of mid-pacific origin. :rolleyes:

6. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nicos @ Feb 25 2007, 12:03 PM) [snapback]396231[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, but what happened after the previously reported conversation?

7. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oxo @ Feb 25 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]396233[/snapback]</div>

The service advisor helped the SOL call the police and her insurance company; the police came, recorded a hit & run report, the insurance company received a claim and as far as I know the car went to the body shop.
    Happy ending.

edit

You will not believe how many cars go to the dealer with obvious traffic related damages and the owner wants the repairs done under warranty.

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dylandog @ Feb 24 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]396087[/snapback]</div>
    Basically because it misidentifies them, not becuase it is a derogatory remark, they are asians. Orientals generally come from the region of India and further west.

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nicos @ Feb 25 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]396261[/snapback]</div>
    Everytime I tell my wife the car needs a brake job she asks if the warranty covers it. She is a SAL (Sweet Asian Lady). She is one of the brightest people I know but this just doesn't seem to get into her head. I think she's doing it now just to bug me! :lol: :p :eek:

Wildkow

9. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dylandog @ Feb 25 2007, 01:07 AM) [snapback]396087[/snapback]</div>
    I was always told that people were "asian", things were "oriental".

10. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Of course, this is one of those Americanisms. In Britain, "Asian" would mean someone from India, Pakistan, etc. People from China, Japan etc, are Oriental.