1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sweet

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dupreesdiamond, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dupreesdiamond

dupreesdiamond Junior Member

I can finally put all the great knowledge gleaned from 4 months of lurking on this board to use on March 12 when my seaside AI '05 arrives in Philly!!!!

If you are in the Philly area looking for a car call Pete Ashman at Conicelli Toyota. I didn't buy from him but he has done his best to help me out, knowing that It was a long shot that they could match my requirements in only 3 weeks (Long story but after 4 months of waiting the dealer that placed my order got on my bad side (the original promise date came and went without a word and then they ignored my requests to find out when I should expect the car to arrive. So I wanted to take my business elsewhere however after having waited 4 months I was not about to comprimise on color or package)

Anyway I can't wait to start making payments!!!!! I donated my last car to the American Diabetes Assoc. in December (and it was inoperable since October (other than short trips in town).

thanks for listening, my friends/family have heard enough. So......

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All this knowledge you have gotten here will make you smarter then most salesmen! Maybe you can help yours when you pick it up :wink:

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rick57\";p=\"68914)</div>
    That's what i did. lol. By the time we went out to the car he said " i would give you the run through, but i figure you know more about the car then i do.." i agreed and started to drive. lol. i even taught him a few things. :)

4. dupreesdiamond

I have read quite a bit on Johns and the VFaq site sites and have my "checklist", pressure gauge, and cloth (to check the oil level) ready to go. I am also looking over the electronics systems options/defaults listing (http://www.vfaq.net/docs/multi5.pdf) and I am curious if anyone had the dealer set any of this stuff to non-default settings and if so why?

5. dupreesdiamond

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rick57\";p=\"68914)</div>
    Well I think he knows the Prius pretty well, as he was quite helpful in the 'pre-sale' (It was more like placing a take out order as i knew what I wanted well before I found a dealer). But it was the customer service in the end where he dropped the ball. Most recently, for example, I recieved an e-mail stating that my car would dock on the 28th, great, so late in the day on the 28th I sent an e-mail asking if the car did indeed arrive and if so how long is the average time between dock and arrival well it is Wednesday and not a peep!

6. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dupreesdiamond\";p=\"68926)</div>
    Of all the Prius' (and other Toyota's) I have only had to change one vehicle. It was a Tacoma?Or Highlander? Anyway the head lights weren't coming on soon enough for them so I had to change that setting.

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rick57\";p=\"68934)</div>
    At first, I was confused by headlights not coming on soon enough. Then I realized: Oh, full auto headlights. GRRRRR! We should have those!

8. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V8Cobrakid\";p=\"68922)</div>
    I am envisioning the Honda commercials (did I just say a bad word?) where they were touting it as the car that sells itself. Instead of the salesman telling the customer the features, he was listening as the customer discovered them himself.