1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Switching between sport and eco modes-OK when moving?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by priusmouse, Jan 11, 2024.

1. priusmouse

priusmouse Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Is it OK to switch between Evo and Sport modes when you are moving? Even when applying some throttle? Or should you only switch between these modes when you are stopped?

2. Doug McC

Doug McC Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    There’s no problem doing that. All that is actually happening when you do is your telling the ECU that you want to have a more responsive throttle response. Nothing (effectively) mechanically is happening. Your Owners Manual will explain it in more detail.

3. Will B

Will B Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Never thought that was something to worry about and have swapped quite regularly! :) For me it is if I'm feeling my oats and want to leap off at an intersection. I go into sport mode at the light, leap off, then while cruising, go back to ECO mode. Given that is about the only time I play with sport mode, I figure I've maybe done 5 miles in sport mode in my 8,000 miles of driving so far. Kinda cool, sport mode for a few seconds leaping off, then back to what the Prius is famous for the rest of the time!

will

Uhcoustic likes this.
  4. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    It's also nice to flip out of Sport while in a parking lot. Eco and Normal loosen up the steering at low speeds. Give it a try sometime to feel the difference.