1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sylvania h11 headlights for 2013 Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by smile, Aug 25, 2017.

1. smile

smile Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I searched through the threads about this topic but couldn't find an answer. The headlights in my 2013 Prius v have become dull. Looking for a bit brighter and inexpensive ones. Found one at this link :

With coupon it comes to around $29.

Will they fit my 2013 Prius v?
    Are they easy to install? I'm not mechanically inclined (if that's the right word)

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    H11 seems like the correct bulb if you do not have the LED light option. Another possibility is Philips X-Treme Vision H11:

Philips Bulb Look-up | 2013 TOYOTA Prius V w/Composite

If you click the Buy now button underneath it shows links to Amazon and Pep Boys. Seems like Amazon has the best deal right now @ $26.99 (I choose ships from and sold by Amazon).

#2 jzchen, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  3. smile

smile Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Jzchen. Do you think installing the bulbs is easy? There are YouTube videos on that but they are mostly on other models of Prius and not the v.

4. ClydeSDale

ClydeSDale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    2013 v wagon. 10mm socket, short extension and a ratchet for the passenger side. Move the hose out of the way and hope your hands are small enough. Driver side is a snap after the passenger side. You might want to start there to learn how the bulb disengages from the housing. Wear latex/poly gloves so you don't get prints on the glass.

When the oem passenger side bulb died I replaced both with Sylvania Silver Star H11 Ultra's that lasted 10 months (on vacation and got a warning ticket). Bulb set number three lasted just slightly longer, once again passenger side first. We use ours as DRLs so they're almost always on but the bulb warranty is one year and the place I buy them honors it with a smile. I keep my receipts and packaging in the rear compartment, along with a spare bulb and everything I need so I can swap one in if I want to avoid one of those "friendly law enforcement reminders".

The Ultra's have a good light output but at ~50,000 miles don't seem to last that long under our usage. If set number four survives close to a year I'll likely just warranty them early.

5. smile

smile Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks so much ClydeSDale.

6. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just asked the guys at CandlePowerForums Transportation, Automotive section about upgrading the H11s on my '14 Scion iQ. They recommended a modified H9 bulb. Might be good to go over there and ask.

7. smile

smile Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Jzchen.