1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sync'ing more than one mobile phone

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sbenbow, Jan 2, 2010.

1. sbenbow

sbenbow New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi all,

I have my work phone sync'd to the prius on bluetooth, so that i don't have to manually sync it when i get in the car.

I also want to sync my wife's phone to the car - has anyone had any experience in this? Can only one phone be sync'ed at a time? Does it do it automatically (and what happens if both phones are in the car together?).

I'd love to have the time to play with it to find out, but a small baby limits the spare time i have at the moment :)

Thanks for any help!

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Here's how it worked on previous cars--I assume it's the same on the Prius:

When you pair a phone, it will connect with the BT when the car is turned on, and if there's more than 1 paired phone detected, it will connect the first one on the BT priority list (a setting screen in the BT system).

That's pairing--you refer to syncing, which this BT system doesn't do, as far as I can tell. You need to manually transfer your contacts. In previous cars, the BT system would upload the contacts every time the phone connected, but I don't think that feature exists in the Prius (at least it doesn't work with my RAZR).

1 person likes this.
  3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You can pair up to four phones. It reconnects to the last phone that was paired. To change phones, select Connect Phone and select the phone that you wish to pair.

You pair the other phones just like you did the first one using the Connect Phone button.

One thing to realize is that each phone has its own unique phonebook.

1 person likes this.
  4. Juanuchis

Juanuchis Fanny Foamer

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you know if pairing up to 4 phones also works on a GenII Prius (2006)? I'm still searching threads ...

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No, I do not know for sure about the Gen II. I would think it would operate similar to the Gen III but someone with a Gen II will need to chime in.