1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

System Diagnostics screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by smittya, Aug 5, 2008.

1. smittya

smittya New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So, I was rear ended and needed to have work done. Disconnecting all electric was required. The shop did excellent work. Although, I noticed that all adjustmnets of the defaults for reverse/seatbelt beeps and Blue tooth were gone.

While adjusting the setting for Blue Tooth it seemed to me that the didagnostic screen was not the same one I had originally used to adjust the BT settings. Also, I noticed that the diagnostic showed a red 'X' by the CD player. And of course I then notice that the CD player no longer is working... radio works fine. On top of that the settings changes to the BT haven't improved the BT functionallity as it did the first time I made the changes.

Any thoughts from the brains who make this place the best?

Did disconnecting the batteries wipe out a software upgrade. Is there a way for me to get the upgrade back outside of going to the dealership? What can be done to get the CD player functional again?

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    they must of goofed and forgot to connect something. you do not loose bluetooth telephone numbers when you disconnect the battery. all the bluetooth crap is stored in flash ram

the only thing you lose when you pull the power is the power window control and stored radio stations, and the settings for seat belt and reverse beeps and maybe some historical data on how you drive.

even the garage door opener codes are kept

3. smittya

smittya New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I did not lose any of the number or address book... also, all the radio stations were still programmed.

What was lost was the mic and gain settings to adjust blue tooth sound quality. Also, lost is the CD player.

Plus, as I noted initially the System Diag screen seems to be a different format.

Thanks again.

Any thoughts are welcome.