1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

T-Mobile Motorola V195 Bluetooth help needed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mikeslavis, Jun 30, 2006.

1. mikeslavis

mikeslavis New Member

Hi all,

Long story-short, I *finally* got a bluetooth-capable phone for my 2005 Prius from T-Mobile. The Motorola V195 I purchased (basic, "no frills" phone that talks bluetooth) works just fine as far as connecting, making/answering calls. However, every time I try and transfer any Phonebook entries over, the phone "drops" the bluetooth connection and doesn't send anything. My questions for any bluetooth gurus are as follows:

1) Is the V195 capable of sending Phonebook entries to the Prius?
    2) If so, how do you do it? Neither the Prius' Nav manual or the V195 manual has been helpful.
    3) If not, is there another way to get Phonebook entries into the Prius? (Manual or otherwise)

I seem to remember vaguely reading about people somehow connecting to the Prius with a bluetooth computer and getting their phonebook in that way...the reason I ask is that it seems you can only dial-out while the car is in motion form entries set up a "1-Click" dial entires...and, of course, you can only specify phonebook entries for these.

Any help appreciated!

[email protected]

2. marlowe7

marlowe7 Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikeslavis @ Jun 30 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]279288[/snapback]</div>

Sorry, of course I meant john1701a.com

3. curse

curse New Member

It will work, but I don't think it is worth the hassle because the process reverses the sequence of names. John Doe in my phone's phonebook appears as Doe John in the car's phonebook. Furthermore, you can only do one at a time, so by the time you do the transfer, edit the name and add a voice tag, it is just a whole lot easier to do it manually from the car.

Remember, the car's phonebook can be entirely different than the phone's phonebook. When using the car to initiate a call it is only referring to data in the car's phonebook.

Anyway, here's how I got it to work...
    1. Prepare the car's phone to receive a number by getting to the Phone Book Management screen per the instructions in the car's manual.
      1. Then, select 'Transfer Data'
      2. Select a 'Group' where you want the name to appear
      3. Select 'Add To' on the next screen
      4. The 'Data Transfer' screen will appear and stay until it receives the name sent per the next instructions
    2. Now turn on the phone and select 'Ph.Book' and scroll to highlight the name you want to transfer.
      1. Select the 'Phonebook' Menu with the top center button on the phone.
      2. Select scroll to highlight the Share line and then 'Select' it.
      3. From the 'Create New' screen that appears, scroll to highlight and 'Select' the 'Share Contact' line.
      4. From the 'Object Exchange' screen that then appears, scroll to highlight and 'Select' the name you have selected for your your vehicle during the pairing process.
      5. It will then transfer the name and phone number to the car and you will see a confirmation on the car's display.
      6. Repeat the whole process in this subsection again for each name.
    3. Back in the car's phonebook, edit the names per the car's instruction manual.
    The phone does pair fine with the car.

Cheers

Mark

4. hawaiiguide

hawaiiguide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We just went through the same thing with our T-Mobil Blackberry. Same symtoms that you are experiencing. T-mobil was great is solving the problem.

Basically our phone software was not the latest version. We had to download the latest version onto our computer and then plug the phone into the computer and download the software from the computer to the phone.

The Process took about 45 minutes. But, once the phone had the latest software the phones address book downloaded into the Prius in less than 30 seconds.

Hope that solves you problem.

aloha, richard

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have Verizon, so the way I got the phonebook in was buy a non-Verizon BT phone (Sony Ericsson T68i) off of eBay. Then I put the phonebook into that and then used it to send to the Prius. The one I got was an old T-Mobile, so if you do the same just stick your SIM card in to make it work.