1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

T605 testing

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Jul 27, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I want to keep the technical evaluation of the T605 separate from the summary thread. I'll eventually update the table there with the results. In the meanwhile:

I sent the note and was pleased to receive this reply after walking the dogs:
    I am encouraged to have a dialog with the seller and a way to send suggestions for improvements. I have the 9 V battery but won't use them for the testing.

Bob Wilson

2. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Initial, in car testing results:

• PROBLEM - OBD connector (J1962) would not insert. This is the second OBD tester whose plug would not insert in my NHW11 (2003 Prius.) The first was one from Harbor Freight so both are of Chinese origin. However, I have an OBD extension that works perfectly and by wiggle and wonk, I got the connector seated in the extension and plugged into the car. I'll add photos to this posting later but the interference looks to be a combination of pin shape, using round instead of flat pins, and alignment relative to the hood. However, it could also be the key slot, the T605 male has a hood that does not have a slot.
    • GOOD - Takes power from OBD connector so it does not need 9 V battery.
    • INFO - Flash screen showed V1.0 hardware and V1.0 software
    • PROBLEM - Unable to get any data or connections. I used both the ISO-9141, KWP2000 and the CAN bus options and neither was able to connect and pull any useful information. In contrast, I've had 'generic' OBD scanners pull codes and some data.
    I found the Auto Enguity required the L-line to be connected before it was able to pull any data over the K-line, ISO-9141. This means they either pulled it up or down to get a signal. I'll rig up a jumper to see if changing the state of the L-line has an effect.

I still have to test the same scanner with our ZVW30 (2010 Prius.)

Bob Wilson

3. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Test with ZVW30 failed both ISO-9141 and CANbus.

I still have to measure and then either pull-up or pull-down the L-line. If no success, back it goes.

Bob Wilson

4. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Please understand they need a chance to improve the product but this is why I'm returning it:
    I'm waiting on instructions on how to ship it back. If someone else wants to test it, $200 and it is yours but no return.

Bob Wilson

5. w2co

w2co Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for testing this Bob.
    Tom