1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 For Techstream Use

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by The Critic, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I was at Luscious Garage last week, Carolyn informed me that one could use the Techstream Lite software with a Mongoose MFC interface.

I was ready to go home and buy one until I found the $485 price tag. Since I do not plan to work on my Prius that often, I tried searching for less expensive alternatives.

My understanding is that the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 is the less expensive alternative to the Mongoose MFC. It is priced at $169 and supposedly works just as well as the Mongoose as long as you load the latest drivers? I do not plan to do any ECU recalibrations myself so reliability is not critical.

Has anyone tried using the Tactrix OpenPort interface with their Gen III Prius? If so, it would be great if you can report on how well it worked. Being able to do brake flushes, zero-point calibrations, linear solenoid calibrations, and turn-off various beeps and chimes would be nice.

If I can get this working, I would be more than glad to provide help to people within my area.

Thanks.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.