1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Take that big oil!

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by burritos, Aug 4, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070805/bs_nm/...i7CbvegPGoE1vAI

"Green pork", is that like green eggs and ham? After years of big oil subsidies the status quo will not do. Innovate? Diversify? F that. Drill dig drill. That's the solution for everything. The Republicans are officially the biggest oil and coal whores in the universe. Anyone who can't see that is a complete fool.

Not as giant a tax paid to secure the oil spigot in the middle east. And this tax includes the spilled blood by many of our finest.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So enlightening when you consider the "little Kyoto" meeting Bush is calling all of the major nations and U.N. to attend here. His own personal attempt to control Global Warming. You kinda get an idea of the agenda.

When it comes to putting money where an orafice is...the mouth is the last place Bush sticks it.

Veto away loser. You've score the "Worst President Ever" prize and it isn't likely that honor will ever be taken from you. (legacylegacylegacylegacylegacylegacylegacylegacylegacy)

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    For once the democrats made me very happy. Now if only they can hold their ground on FISA...

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Somebody pinch me. This almost sounds like an April fool's joke... except that the jokes today are REAL. Green pork... Oil pork. gosh... tough call for me.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It doesn't matter if it passes both house and senate. President Doofus will veto it.

6. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Considering this and other bills both houses have passed and sent to junior for his "X" but were vetoed.

Question: Can the next president 'revive' the bills and sign them or are they completely dead and must go through the whole house and senate approval process again?

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Aug 5 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]490878[/snapback]</div>
    The next President can "revive" them but the house or senate can. There is a process of reconsideration. Or they can simply create a "new" bill with many of the same elements.