1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Taking up deer hunting...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by oldguy12, Jun 9, 2011.

1. oldguy12

oldguy12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2008 with HID

Deer collision broke off all 3 plastic mounting brackets on the passenger side headlight assembly. Ordered replacement assembly from partsgeek.com. Wrong part. Sent them an e-mail asking for help to ensure I got the correct part. They found a different part # and sent it to me. Wrong part....I think. Check out photos and see if I'm missing something.

Has anybody successfully replaced this part before, and if so, where'd you get it? Part #? Really don't want to get it from the dealer. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would say it is an exercise in futility to purchase model-unique parts like the headlight assembly from a source that does not specialize in the sale of Toyota parts.

If you don't wish to purchase the part from your local Toyota dealer, there are a number of dealers who sell parts at 25% discount via the web, for example:
    Champion ToyotaWorld

3. oldguy12

oldguy12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Patrick,

Appreciate the advice and link. Called them up and they found the right part using the VIN.

Thanks,

Rick