1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

talking about Prius on KNX Radio LA & web this Sunday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PaulLev, Oct 26, 2006.

1. PaulLev

PaulLev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Larry Van Nuys interviews me every Sunday morning at 7:15 am or so Pacific time on KNX 1070 all news radio in Southern California on media issues, new technologies, etc.

This Sunday I'll be talking about my 2006 Prius.

Interviews are 7-10 minutes long, are repeated throughout the day and early part of the week, and are streamed live on www.knx1070.com

If you're up that early and get a chance to hear it, let me know how liked it. (Fortunately, I live on the East Coast, the interviews are conducted by phone, so I don't have to get up that early....)

Paul

2. MPG > HP

MPG > HP Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul Levinson @ Oct 25 2006, 09:08 PM) [snapback]338414[/snapback]</div>
    I've set up my PoGo RadioYourWay to record from 7:13 to 7:26. so look forward to hearing your commentary! One thing I wished my new '06 had is cruise control that doesn't have to be reset every time you go below 24/25mph. I'd as soon just flip the resume from a stop and get back up to whatever speed that was my last maximum setting. My RX-8 does that (albeit not from 0mph but only after 19mph), plus if the CC is on and you press the throttle, the CC will adjust up to whatever speed you are at when you release the throttle. (Because of the RX-8's low mpg, plus its sensitivity to predetonation, I've gotten into the habit of using CC for most of its throttle operation, so that technique has transferred over to the Prius, just to let the computer judge how much throttle differential to apply when accelerating.) Also, wish the CC wouldn't disable after powering off, leaving you to have to remember to reenable the CC after every trip.

3. PaulLev

PaulLev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MPG > HP @ Oct 26 2006, 02:14 AM) [snapback]338455[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks - enjoy the show.

I don't use cruise control much (I know I should), so it's not much of an issue for me...

Paul

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's fantastic! I listen to KNX every morning between 5:45-7:30am and sometimes during the lunchtime hour and 4:30-5pm time slots. I'll keep an ear open for your talk-up on the Prius for sure! I get excited every time I hear that Bob McCormick (Money101) is doing a show on gas prices or hybrid cars, which has been several times so far this year and I've called in on occasion with my own perspective and corrections on media misinformation that he was touting about hybrids in general.

5. PaulLev

PaulLev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Oops ... just got a call from KNX, and I'll be talking about political ads on today's show - given the impending election - and not hybrid cars. That's the way of radio (but it does make sense). I'll keep you posted if I get to talk about the Prius on any other radio or tv shows.