1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tan WeatherTech cargo liner isn't

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by DontFearTheReefer, May 23, 2008.

?
  1. Tan

10.0%
  2. Chocolate

80.0%
  3. I can't tell because your picture sucks.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The technology to identify that color hasn't been invented yet.

10.0%
  1. DontFearTheReefer

DontFearTheReefer New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just a heads up, I recently bought a tan WeatherTech cargo liner for my '08 with bisque interior and it is anything but tan. I called WeatherTech to see if this was a known defect and while on the phone with them was given the distinct impression that I was wasting their valuable time. After persisting, they gave me the "It's dark tan, silly!" routine. When I asked about the getting the "regular tan" as shown on their website and on their box, I was told they only make one color of tan and that was the one I received.

Danny issued me a RMA with no questions asked, but I was extremely disappointed given the number of positive reviews I had read regarding the WeatherTech. I've posted a picture so those of you thinking about ordering tan can see for yourself if it will work for you.

Attached Files:

2. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That looks like BROWN to me....either that or i'm colorblind

3. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That is exactly the color of my turds.

4. pashadc

pashadc Pasha DC

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had posted a few months ago my interaction with weathertech. My experience with them was not good. I ordered the "tan" and it turned out to be butterscotch looking so I returned them for the black which go MUCH better with my bisque interior.

Good luck!

5. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Okay, okay, so where is the light tan they advertise, cause that dark tan (brown) ain't it??

Huh Weathertech??

I just ordered the black Weathertech cargo liner myself, I hope for their sakes, it's black as advertised.

ZC1

6. lazysheep

lazysheep New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    let me preface this post by saying that im not affiliated with weathertech in any way.

i've learned over the years to be not picky about the colors of products bought over the net. many variables can affect the perceived color of an object, including, but not limited to: your monitor settings, lighting environment of the picture and your anatomy (color blindness). many retailers have disclaimers such as this (weathertech has one).

7. CamPri

CamPri New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I, too, wanted a beige or light tan cargo liner to go with my Bisque interior, which my wife insists is not Tan, but light gray. In looking at the colors on the Weathertech website I opted for black rather than get a mismatched tan. The black is just fine. Expecting t get a matching tan and not getting it would be a pain.

8. Abrannan19

Abrannan19 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    we ordered that color originally..but once we got them..we were not please with the color..it made for 'too many' colors in a small space..so we oredered the black..they look much better and kinda flow since there is so much black plastic already. I can get some pics if you would like.

9. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Yeah that looks like brown to me. I have had problems with WeatherTech too. A plus is that if you do keep it, in about a year it will probably be faded to the color that you desire. Hope they give you what you want.

10. 2tonegator

2tonegator New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

i would like to see some pictures, since im in the market for liners. seems like it will be black weathertech or some other company for tan.

11. 2tonegator

2tonegator New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i ordered the black floor liners, front, rear, and cargo yesterday. now i can only wait. also ordered front window shade. i have the bisque interior and went with black based on the opinons of others and seeing the difference between the shade advertised and the actual color for the tan.

after my trip in mid june, i will order the wet okole seat covers. no piping with the tan in the middle.

12. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

EXCEPT..................

My monitor is color calibrated and that floor liner is BROWN.

13. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    DontFearTheReefer, do you have any updates in the floor mat saga? Did you get a different color?

14. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    some people dont care how close it matches, long as it protects the trunk LOL, which is the main purpose of such product anyway

15. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have had experiences with the color not matching in the past. I find it best to just order black. Its hard to mess up black.

16. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ^hahahha yea totally agree 100%^

17. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Even the black in that picture looks brown.

18. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Yeah that is odd. I have seen a black cargo liner from WeatherTech in a 4Runner, and it was black. Lets hope the black cargo liner in a Prius is black as well.

19. Speedwing

Speedwing Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Whew ..... I ordered the Grey for our bisque leather and the wife and I both think it looks great. Installed today!!! We were kind of second guessing ourselves until we read this thread. The car has enough silver in the dash that the grey looks perfect.

Thanks for the thread!!!

20. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can't decide if I should compliment you on your digestive processes, or yell "TMI! TMI! TMI!"

:juggle:

:focus: