1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tank 1-325 mi/48.1 mpg ; Tank 2 (so far)-306 mi/50.7 mpg...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by yellowhats, Feb 8, 2004.

1. yellowhats

yellowhats New Member

and two bars remaining :)

2. ...sounds great! Sure would like to hear about your driving conditions. I just can't get that type of numbers when it's well below freezing and often in the single digits. So far (only in frigid weather) I am getting an average of 40 mpg.

3. yellowhats

yellowhats New Member

I'm in the Los Angeles area, and the temparatures haven't fallen much below the low 50's at night. Part of the reason I am getting good mileage is due (ironically) to LA's freeway congestion. There is a several mile stretch during my commute on the highway that slows to a 10-15 mph crawl. Thanks to the Prius, I can do the entire stretch almost entirely on electric power. This is kind of scary to admit, but I have actually found myself looking foward to that stretch because of the great mileage I get. Is this car making me enjoy being in traffic??? :silly:

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. I found that out when they opened the new highway on my route to and from work over the weekend.

5. yellowhats

yellowhats New Member

As an update on fuel economy.... I filled my tank last night having driven 385 miles with one bar remaining (not yet flashing). Ave mpg on computer showed 51.3.

Using the slow fill technique described by Wolfman elsewhere on this board, the pump shut off just after 7 gal, then I waited a minute and slowly put in another 1.75 gal. with no gas spitting up. I think I could have gotten more in without a problem but there was a bum hassling me so I decided to leave.

The really exciting part was that on my 25 mile drive home I got to see exactly what my fuel economy was for just that trip since the computer reset itself when I filled up..... ! :clap: