1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tap the gas people...

Discussion in 'Honda/Acura Hybrids and EVs' started by bluetwo, Aug 23, 2009.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Relevance is irrelevant

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a tip: if you ever get tired of how the autostart doesn't happen so quickly, at say a light that just turned green or if you just have any other reason to start the engine up when it autostopped though you didn't want it to, just tap the gas, ever so lightly while still holding the brake.

I learned this because for fun I used to hold the brake with my left foot with my right on the gas so I could take off quicker when a light changed. I know it's silly but we do silly things to entertain ourselves sometimes, and it was just me being a crazy kid trying to have a better reaction time. I guess it kind of became a habit because one day I just barely touched the gas pedal in my Civic Hybrid with my foot and the car started right up.

So if you're asking what's the point then disregard, but if you want to autostart about a second before the light turns green it's a pretty useful tool.