1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Taste" of Hybridfest - near Charlotte, North Carolina 6/30/07

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ericbecky, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's official!

Concord, North Carolina will get a little "Taste" of Hybridfest June 30, 2007.

We need 4 hybrid owners to commit to coming that morning and showing your hybrid as part of the kickoff celebration of the cross country http://www.ci.concord.nc.us/news_1.asp?newID=537]Great Race[/url]. The festivities begin at 10:00 am, so we'll need to get there a bit earlier than that. (9:00am?) End time is still being determined. (Early afternoon perhaps?)

There were a few people possibly interested based on this PriusChat thread.
    (Susanne101, xxfwmxx, Danny, bradysplace,Rangerdavid) What do you say? Who will commit being there? We will be in a parking area in front of the Wachovia Bank. All you need to do is to bring your car, put up a 10x10 canopy (in case of inclement weather), be willing to share your experience, and have fun.

We'll have a banner to be hung on the canopy as well as some fliers about the Hybridfest event in Madison, WI. Of course you could bring any other environmental/hybrid-related info you want, too.

If you can commit to being there, let me know via this post or PM as soon as possible. The first four people will get the spots for displaying your hybrid. The rest of you can join us at the event as spectators, so be sure to stop by and say "Hi". There should be quite a bit of media there covering the Great Race event, and it is well supported by the City of Concord.

I look forward to hearing from you!
    Signed, Eric Powers, your North Carolina hybrid gathering organizer. ;)

2. micksimon

micksimon New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Jun 4 2007, 09:42 AM) [snapback]454899[/snapback]</div>
    Count me in!

3. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mick @ Jun 4 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]455026[/snapback]</div>
    Excellent!

I also wanted to make a quick clarification...
    We have room for 4 hybrids plus a total of 1 (one) 10' x 10' canopy. I think my previous description erroneously made it sound like each hybrid got to put up their own 10' x 10' canopy.

Mick, do you have a 10' x 10' canopy that we can use for the event?

4. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So... did anyone else sign up?

5. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(You me and da Pri @ Jun 17 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]463527[/snapback]</div>
    So far we have one person going.
    Yep that's right. One. But hey, we'll make the best of it and it'll be fun.

If anyone else is interested please send me a PM or post on this thread.

6. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Jun 17 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]463575[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't sign up because I didn't want to make a commitment that I may not be able to keep. The fiscal year ends June 30 at my company, and there's a good chance that I'll have to work that day. If I'm free, however, I'll let you know ASAP and you can give me info. Hey, why don't you send me whatever info I may need, anyway, just in case.

Was a tent found?

Have you tried sending the others that showed interest before PMs, in case they missed this post? I can't believe they would all miss a chance to show off their Prii. :) I would love to, if I get the chance!

7. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My fiancee's daughter, four grandchildren (all 6 and under), and daughter's mother-in-law hit town this week. I might make a trip to Charlotte just for some peace and quiet. Not likely, but if I change my mind and you haven't filled all the slots, I'll be glad to help. Another factor is the upcoming drive to Hybridfest. Charlotte's a lot closer, but I'm still not sure about two overnight road trips in less than a month. I could make it a day trip, but then I'd have to be on the road at 4:00 a.m .... Ugh!

8. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(You me and da Pri @ Jun 17 2007, 09:13 PM) [snapback]463719[/snapback]</div>
    I sent PM's to several people.
    No response.

A tent was found.

Mick or I will report back with the details as they are known.

Basically, plan on showing up at least an hour before the main festivities begin and staying until early afternoon.

9. micksimon

micksimon New Member

Hi All,

I've received the info packet from the City of Concord containing all the details of the event, parking permits, meal coupons :D etc. At this point, I'm still the only one confirmed, but have a couple of people who said they might come.

I'm thinking we could meet at a central location, maybe near Concord Mills so I can hand out the passes before we head over. If you're interested, and I hope a few of you are, PM me and I'll fax or phone you with the information I received.

10. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mick @ Jun 22 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]466311[/snapback]</div>
    There's still time to drop a line to meet up with Mick for some hybrid shenanigans at this event.

Hope to see a few other Prius Chat people there and spread the hybrid word.

11. xxfwmxx

xxfwmxx New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Jun 29 2007, 07:58 AM) [snapback]469932[/snapback]</div>

Eric,

I would have loved to come up to Concord, but some how I must have missed this thread when you posted earlier this month. As I see it is the day before the event I will not be able to make it. I have work I have to catch up on. Sorry I cuoldnt make it. I hope to hear an update on how everything went and hopefully some pics!

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    we've got a major car project going here and need the weekend to get some work done on it. sorry :(

13. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Eric and Mick, in case you see this before "green flag" time tomorrow .... I will not be there. Have fun!