1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tata Motors, The Air Car/ No more fossil fuels

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Sep 7, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was surfing the net and happened accross this article. I thought wow how can they make a NEW car for 100,000 Rupees, or about $2,400. Below is the AIR CAR & are in the process of manufacturing the car, They are even talking about a Hybrid model AIR/Electric..! Theyalso have other more high end vehicles

[​IMG]
    The $2400 Air Car

See the articals :
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/27/indian-...production-run/
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/20/indias-...ad-for-country/
    http://www.theaircar.com/howitworks.html

The Tata Motors Rs. One Lakh car story
    http://www.dancewithshadows.com/one_lakh_car.asp

2. scargi01

scargi01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Sep 7 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]508593[/snapback]</div>
    TATA motors - Al Bundy would love it.

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :lol: :lol: I know, tatas makes one think of other things doesnt it? :rolleyes: B)
    But just think of it an AIR/ELECTRIC Hybrid vehicle I think Darldd would love this. Its a car that runs on compressed AIR, No fossil fuels...... ;)

Who cares that its made of plastic or that has a top speed of 66 kph and looks like it was taken out of a Dr. Suess book on minivans... Some one has done it!!!!! Made a car that doesnt require fossil fuels....!!! :D :)

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05_SilverPri @ 2007 09 07 09:15) [snapback]508595[/snapback]</div>
    Sold only in pairs, preferably a matching set. :D

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Sep 7 2007, 09:19 AM) [snapback]508597[/snapback]</div>
    "Love" might be a bit strong. Would be great if they can actually produce and sell the car. To date, nobody had had success. Many have tried and are still trying. The "air car" has been the gleam in the eye of many for a long time... yet still no real product.

While battery cars are more expensive, they're quit a bit more viable and efficient. Compressing air - while it doesn't have to require fossil fuel, does require quite a bit more energy input than a battery EV would. Compressing error makes lots of noise and waste heat as well. But yes, I do see some excellent uses for such a car. I hope they can pull it off. My kid would love one for social visits around the neighborhood! :)

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 7 2007, 09:34 AM) [snapback]508610[/snapback]</div>
    Did you see the news about the "super capacitor" company at Yahoo News that had an investment from "neighborhood electric car" maker ZENN? The ZENN is not practical for my commute (top speed 25mph, range 35 miles) but I suspect ZENN is looking at a higher capacity, larger electric car to drop the new technology into. Since they are actually producing and selling cars now, even though they are glorified golf carts, at least they actually have a product on the market.