1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tax incentive

Discussion in 'Prius Tax Credit Discussion' started by chimohio, Oct 25, 2006.

1. chimohio

chimohio New Member

When I was signing the initial agreement for my Prius, the dealer told me that after I bought it, I would get a form confirming the car met the requirements for the tax incentive; and that the form would have to be submitted with my tax form next year.
    Needless to say I didn't get any such form, and so far calls to the dealer concerning this form have gone un-returned (poor communications with them have been seen before).
    The question I have is there really a form like this? What have been your experiences concerning incentive documentation? What did you get, if any, and who did you get it from? <_<

2. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There is no form. But do hang on to your sales agreement should you get a visit from the IRS.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Correct, no form needed. Keep your paperwork that shows when you got the car (just in case the IRS decided to check up on you :p). Other than that, every Prius sold this calendar year (including the new '07's) qualify for the tax credit. The date determines the amount of the credit (with anything before 10/1 getting the full credit, anything after only getting half the credit).

4. xbdude

xbdude opticat

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for that info, Eagle! Mine arrived January 29 of '06, so I guess I'm good.

5. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Are you guys sure we don't need to fill out Form 8910?

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    by no form needed, i meant there was no form that Toyota was going to mail you... it's quite possible that there's a form the IRS will require you to fill out (stating car model and date purchased, for example), but as they haven't released the '06 paperwork (that I've seen) it's kinda hard to tell :p

7. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Soylent @ Oct 26 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]338695[/snapback]</div>
    Did some more looking and found that from what I can tell IRS Form 8910 will be needed. I also saw on it that the Alternative Minimum Tax form will also have to be filled out since 8910 requires information from it. More paperwork but will be worth it in the end.
    I think the form the dealer was going to give me was just one indicating that since I bought the car prior to Oct 1 I was eligible for 100% of the incentive.

8. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member