1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tax rebate?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by texas007, Sep 19, 2006.

1. texas007

texas007 New Member

could someone either explain to me what the details of the tax credit which ends sept 30 is? Or point me in the right direction to figure it out myself? I didn't come up with much by using the search function, but maybe I missed something?

2. glenhead

glenhead New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(texas007 @ Sep 19 2006, 02:10 AM) [snapback]321531[/snapback]</div>
    Lots of stuff here - maybe you didn't phrase it right or something. Here's the skinny.

If you take delivery of a new 2006 Prius from a dealer in the U.S. before October 1, you get a $3150 tax credit, assuming you aren't subject to the alternative minimum tax, and assuming you paid more than $3150 in federal income tax. You have to hang onto the car for X amount of time (I've heard everything from one to three years, haven't found the truth yet), else they can take the credit away. Taking delivery between October 1 and March 31, 2007 gets you a $1575 tax credit. Taking delivery between April 1 and September 30, 2007 gets you a $787 tax credit. Taking delivery on or after October 1, 2007, gets you bupkus.

3. KProspero

KProspero New Member

4. texas007

texas007 New Member

Thank you both very much. I should have searched for tax credit i suppose.

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, you TRIED the search and didn't find it - so you posted here. It's a nice place with lots of friendly, knowledgeable people who enjoy helping. So don't hesitate to ask questions.

Some of us here, like me, are NOT experts. I've learned a lot here by browsing the threads, often seeing questions that I didn't even know to ask. So when you ask a question, you're not only getting the answer for yourself, you're putting the answer someplace where people can see it (and, later, maybe even see it by searching for it!)

So, welcome, new member - enjoy your Prius AND this forum!