1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Technical Aervice Bulletin(s)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Robert Fisher, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Robert Fisher

Robert Fisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Has anyone received a recall or heard of a steering fix for the "Prius drift to the left " problem?

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Have you looked in the TSB forum? There was a recall for an undersized sterng shaft component on 2004-some 2006 cars, but I think you need an alighment.

3. itsme

itsme New Member

I contacted my service dept. about an alignment issue pull left and steering wheel not straight and I have 1800 miles already he said no problem it is covered under warranty for a free alignment for 1 year or 20k miles whatever comes first. so he suggest to wait a bit and see if any tire wear appears or if it was a windy condition also wait till closer to end of year or 20k

4. Robert Fisher

Robert Fisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fish @ Mar 29 2007, 12:18 AM) [snapback]414042[/snapback]</div>

Now that I have regrouped myself and have the Prius out of the shop, I can pass on a schose more info.....

I took the Prius in for an oil change and a few questions; one question was I did not like the constant pull to the "left". At freeway/highway speeds one is traveling at 90 feet a second and one second could be a disturbing event. Anyway when I recovered the car there was the usual pile of papers and therein was a TSB applicable to all 02 – 07 Toyota’s regarding the “vehicle pulling to one sideâ€. The TBS has a disclaimed that suggests the customer must complain for warrantee service. (Paraphrased)

Also attached was a data readout showing the front and rear end alignment & the corrective actions taken to alleviate/correct the problem. We, the woman & I, then drove up to Roseburg OR., 400 miles round trip and I was totally amazed at the new way the Prius handled the mountainous curves and the dastardly pull to the left was no more!

The TSB carried an identifier of “Steering, ST005-01 Revised†It consisted of 11 pages, of which I only received page 1. Apparently this steering problem has been around since the 2002 models. I find that interesting!

5. Robert Fisher

Robert Fisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Mar 29 2007, 01:06 AM) [snapback]414053[/snapback]</div>

I had not looked in the TSB form, thanks for the insight.

Your thought that an alighment was needed, was right on the money.

The realinement resolved the dituation.

Again. thanks ..............

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Mar 29 2007, 01:06 AM) [snapback]414053[/snapback]</div>

I had not looked in the TSB form, thanks for the insight.

Your thought that an alighment was needed, was right on the money.

The realinement resolved the dituation.

Again. thanks ..............

Attached Files:

6. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :( I think I am going to seek a wheel alignment under warrantee too! I just noticed my right front tire developing "cupping". I haven't noticed a pull to the left, but the tire problem is evidence. I have almost 10k miles now.

Do dealers do the alignment or is is farmed out?

Thanks,

Lee

7. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(regenme @ Mar 29 2007, 06:01 AM) [snapback]414107[/snapback]</div>
    Ummmmm.....I would say it's more likely that the warranty for a free alignment is 1 year and 12,000 miles, not 20,000. If your service writer quoted you 20,000 miles, I advise you to get that in writing on dealership stationery.