1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Technical Information Service (TIS) Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by airliner53, Dec 31, 2007.

1. airliner53

airliner53 Junior Member

If I purchase a subscription to TIS, does it permit me to download and save information, or as an alternative print it out? Is it possible (and feasible) to download the entire service manual for a 2007 Prius?

2. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Yes, I have done it. But it takes a LOT of time, clicks and locks you to your computer. But at $10 for one day, it beats the heck out of buying the manuals. In fact you can download everything Toyota has, only limited by the time and download speeds.

I found that downloading the files a .mht was the easiest file format to work with. Watch out for .svg illustrations to make sure that you get them.

3. airliner53

airliner53 Junior Member

Thanks for the info! I am not familiar with those file types, but will do a little research. I don't mind taking a day to download in order to save lots of $$$. I have a rock-solid high speed connection and new PC; hopefully that will help.