1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Technical sign-up glitches/errors (Facebook, email, etc)

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by FalconFour, Apr 15, 2011.

1. FalconFour

FalconFour Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I first signed up to try to figure out where the 1st Gen Prius forums are... the company I work for has a 1st gen Prius (the one that looks like an Echo), and I couldn't find a forum here for it - it caps off at 2nd gen!

So I tried signing up using "Connect with Facebook", which went smoothly to the point where I picked my username... then it pretty much puked on itself... see attachment.

So I signed up the normal way... /sigh, another login. In the confirmation email, I got this gibberish mess (see 2nd attachment). Can't believe I had to click the "AOL users click here" link! How degrading. :p

The reason for that email botch-up is because the same (text/plain) message is being sent in the email as a "text/html" segment, which is preferred in my email client. Problem is, it's not valid HTML, so it just gets garbled into one long line. Simply omit the text/html section and the text/plain segment (which is valid) will be displayed properly. Or just figure out how to make it send an HTML validation email instead of injecting invalid HTML into the mail :)
    (I can help explain any part of that if needed...)

The Facebook connect thing, I'm not too sure about. Never played with it...

Attached Files: