1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Technical specs EV-MOD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Lloyd9, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Lloyd9

Lloyd9 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I attempted to purchase the EV-Mod from Coastal, however the do not ship to Canada.
    Can anyone provide the techinal specs of the component connecting the 3 wires? It appears to be a small circuit board of some kind. I'll build my own if I can obtain the details.
    or: is someone has a side 'on-line' or e-bay business using PayPal that could purchase on my behalf, I will purchase the mod from them and then arrange shipping, I am open for that as well.

Thank you

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not sure what technical specs the Coastal product requires or whether it's in the form of a circuit board. But you can take a somewhat different and much cheaper approach with only a simple Radio Shack pushbutton switch and some wire. And it's instantaneous, whereas the Coastal switch has a delay of several seconds. See this writeup of my installation with a link back to the original instructions authored by Evan Fusco.

3. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Do not buy an EV-mod save your money and do it yourself. I did the headlight switch mod it costs $0 if you have a piece of wire and no one knows you have it and its also instantaneous just go to the write up by Evan Fusco..

4. philmcneal

philmcneal Taxi!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yeah trust me just do it yourself and teach yourself how to solder you'll love it

5. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    there's documentation on a button around here somewhere. all you have to do.. for a DIY... is find the two pins. connect wires, and put an instant switch in... like a door bell.

I have a nice little white doorbell with gold trim. i drilled a hold in the black cover piece and hot glued the switch in place.

7. Dozzer

Dozzer Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

What headlight switch mod ?

btw as a UK owner I find the EV button uses more fuel in the long run if you use it a lot.

8. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you want to pay for an over priced plagerized, probably patent infringed version you can try juicedhybrid.com....they probably will ship to you for an exhorbatant price.

But you'll be much happier with a DIY mod based upon my original write up..