1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TechStream 32bit, Java, Net 4.8 pitfalls

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TeslaCoils, Jul 23, 2024 at 4:57 AM.

1. TeslaCoils

TeslaCoils Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What other pitfalls have you circumnavigated to get up & running?
    TechStream 32bit OS, Java, Net 4.8 pitfalls
    I'm poking along too long;
    dropped from 18 to 14,
    heard that 64 bit has problems w/ the VCI dongle drivers disappearing
    so dropped to 32 bit win 7 (on olde laptop)
    Ventoy for mult ISOs on a flashdrive (for Linux, VentoyGUI.x86_64, run as admin)
    The Windows version of Ventoy is prob easier to setup
    some Windows ISO's have Dot Net 4.8 framework preinstalled
    Ventoy drive lets you use as flashdrive;
    HP Winodws showed a BIOS update from 2011 to 2018; Linux, only 2011
    Can anyone copy/paste the code in? Or has everyone had to hand type it?
    Don't flash the dongl;e w/ firmware updates
    use 1.4.3 of the driver option
    Device Manager to find HW w/o drivers
    per 14 key, does moving control.ini help?
    What other pitfalls have you circumnavigated to get up & running?

#1 TeslaCoils, Jul 23, 2024 at 4:57 AM
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2024 at 5:18 AM
  2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I didn't know there were pitfalls. When I bought my "copy" from ebay, I just followed the instructions for installing (on a 64 bit computer) that came with the mini-disk, and was up and running. My biggest problem was no one had said anything about needing to disable wifi so the program won't try to do auto-updates. If it does, it locks the program up.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    My good copy of tech from the dealer does the same thing The Wi-Fi always pops up the red window continue offline which of course I do because at the moment I don't have a TIS login My friend who worked at Toyota right up the street I used to have his login He has a new one because he moved to a new dealership and took over another whole department I just haven't driven up to the mountains to see him but usually I can get into TIS for well nothing and use TIS to update Tacoma trucks if I want but I don't have any of those and what not so that's not a thing. A buddy of mine has the blue box that goes in between the car and your computer I think it's called VX diag. Seems to work fairly well and is running a fairly late version of the Toyota software. The AP200 seems to have part of the Toyota manual or the Toyota maintenance functions loaded into it when you take their Toyota download for the Toyota models that you choose when you buy the product. So it seems finally this is coming around You see all the scanners now can bleed brakes on most all cars whether Prius is in the class by itself still I don't think so because if you can bleed the brakes on a BMW with the similar type actuator and system I would imagine the thing would be able to do the Prius in the same way I would be somewhat shocked if it turned out to be not capable at this point in time. Now they're all just trying to piece meal pieces of various software for various devices so they can try to point you to a expensive shop system like the A brands MX and MK9 series which are anywhere from $1,600 to $5,000 with a bunch of extra plugs for European cars and so on and so forth but for that you're going to get stuck with huge bills every year for your subscription for the device to stay relevant but if you're a shop they know you can afford five grand a year or what have you so there's always that