1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Teenager Mileage Report

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by ServoScanMan, May 21, 2006.

1. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I decided to filled up the Prius on Friday because we had an out of town highway trip scheduled on Saturday. My teenage son was in a "Linemans Competition" which is similiar to the Worlds Strongest Man contest you see on TV except there were 25 schools with their varsity football players competing. It was a blast to watch...oh... back to the fuel mileage. I had 550 miles on the odometer with 3 bars showing and it took 9.6 gallons to fill up. The MFD showed 55mpg so it's close enough for me. I have learned from this website that the gauge/tank is not linear and I didn't want to risk running out of gas on the trip. I am happy with this car. I don't agree with the MFD/programming at times but I'll have to live with it. It appears my teenage son is becoming a better drive of the Prius. He got 50mpg the last time he used it with his date. I'll be glad when I can install the EV mode switch so I can bump the mileage ever so slightly.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ServoScanMan @ May 21 2006, 06:55 AM) [snapback]258829[/snapback]</div>
    Watch out if the MPG gets too high when he is out on a date, could be a sign that the car was parked a lot! :lol:

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ May 21 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]258854[/snapback]</div>
    ROFLMAO~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know I have a freind of a freind that just purchased a #1 Prius for his teenagers to drive.... The oldest drives the other two to school and stuff :) .. My friend said she couldnt believe the other person would buy a hybrid as it just seems like a retirees car.. Of course the hair standing up on the back of my neck and me biting my lip as I wanted to twist off her head for a moment.. I explained to her this was not the case she back peddled alot and I figured it was best to drop it to a later date, I did tell her in the best *SMUG* <_< tone that I would be happy to have a driving contest her Dodge Magnum and my prius and see how far we can go on a tank of gas? she refused :(

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ May 21 2006, 08:56 AM) [snapback]258854[/snapback]</div>
    Gridlock, perhaps. :rolleyes:

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You all have misspent youths. Meet you all in purgatory where we will be serving our time. I wonder will necking in purgatory buy you more time?