1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TELEPHONE

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ThePackage, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ThePackage

ThePackage New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I love my '06 #5. After 2 months of ownership, I still have not figured out how to do a specific task and hope you experts can help a 70 year old who sometimes is electronically challenged. By the way, I tried to find the solution in the manual and still have not found it. Also, my cell phone links up just fine.

While the car is moving and you touch the telephone button on the steering wheel, the only telephone screen that comes up is the "Speed Dial" screen. My problem is I can not figure out how to add telephone numbers to the 18(?) available spaces. It shouldn't be that difficult but I can seem to figure it out.

I would appreciate ALL the help I can get and thank you all.

Don

2. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You can populate the one touch list using numbers from your incoming or outgoing call lists (the last 5 of each are retained). You cannot add names only the #'s; and, the numbers only show when the car is not moving; maintain a list to provide a key to what number is in which one touch location. Location 6 always has the last # dialed and cannot be otherwise used. In spite of all of this, it works quite well after setup.

To add a number:
    Initiate a call from the car to the desired #. Terminate the call before it connects. This # will now be at the top of the outgoing calls list.

In the first telephone menu select settings, for outgoing calls select set one touch. Your last 5 outgoing calls will appear. Select the desired number then assign it to a one touch slot.
    Repeat for additional #'s.

3. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

If you add phone numbers to your phone book, and then add them from your phone book to your 1-touch, you will have names displayed on each of your 1-touch buttons while moving. If you add the numbers to your phone book the same way as they appear in your cell phone's call log (for me 10 digits), then you will get names displayed on the MFD when calls come in as well. :)

4. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wayne @ Apr 19 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]242479[/snapback]</div>
    Many of us cannot add numbers to our phone book due to limited bluetooth implementation in our phones. I made the mistake of assuming that the OP had that situation. Certainly if you can create a phone book, use it to populate one touch. Sorry for the assumption.

5. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hschuck @ Apr 20 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]242607[/snapback]</div>
    You can still add numbers to your phone book via a PC, or a PDA, as I did (see my signature). The original poster has an '06, and thus can enter the numbers manually. :)