1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Television Anybody?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by whatshisname, May 6, 2004.

1. whatshisname

whatshisname New Member

I read this and other Prius forums avidly and I'm beginning to notice an increasing number of comments seeking and proposing ideas about viewing television entertainment on the GPS screens in our Prii and other Toyota cars. I remember when California drivers were warned and then prohibited by the vehicle code to watch TV screens from the driver's position and I've observed adherence to the law because video screens are always located for use solely by rear seat passengers. I wondered how the law applied to GPS so I checked and learned that the vehicle code section has been amended several times to permit the lawful use of GPS and other navigational aids by the operator of the vehicle, with one exception; we're still not permitted to view televison entertainment in the front seat even if it is intended for the front seat passenger riding along. There is an out here though. If the video entertainment can be disconnected while the vehicle is in operation then it appears to me to be all right. If anyone is curious he or she can check California Vehicle Code Article 5, Section 27602 (5). Takes a lot of courage to drive these days what with cell phones, GPScreens and now video soap operas that some driver negligently forgot to switch off. :| Whatshisname

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just what we need! Soap-opera fans catching up on the latest episode while careening down the highway with a cell phone in one hand, a burger in the other, and a milk shake between their knees!

3. And, of course, the pretty young ladies will also be farding while driving. Please don't jump to conclusions. Check the spelling.
    <a href=\'http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fard\' target=\'_blank\'>http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fard</a>