1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Temperature Problem, Air coolant what do the codes mean?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Pbrown31, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Pbrown31

Pbrown31 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2009 Prius. Yesterday I was driving and the red triangle with an exclamation point in it came on and the screen indicated it was a temperature problem. I looked it up and it said potentially air coolant related. If I am driving under 30 the problem does not occur but and highway speeds it does. My check engine light came on and I looked and the codes but cannot find what they mean anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    check the inverter coolant for movement. how many miles on her?

the service manual has the code faults and troubleshooting

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The MFD only displays codes for the AirCon and Audi/Navigation.

You need to get the vehicle codes read by a Prius capable code reader (Techstream software used at the Toy dealer or avail on Amazon).

My guess is DTC P0A93 will probably be pulled, meaning the inverter pump is bad.

You can verify now if the inverter pump is bad by making the car IG-ON or READY. If you do not know what this means, read the owners manual. Search for threads with DTC P0A93 to see how to check for “turbulence” (more like tranquil fluid movement) in the inverter reservoir.