1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

temporarily disabling bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mitchla, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

Is there a way to temporarily turn off the bluetooth connection to a phone, without deleting the pairing?

The sound quality on my BT phone calls in the Prius is terrible, but can suffice for short information phone calls. For longer, personal calls, I'd prefer to break the connection, and speak through a Jabra BT headset.

Thanks.

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Depends on the phone - in my 3650, I can disable bluetooth entirely, or I can set the Prius as unathorized, at which point you can deny the paring at that time when prompted.

Also with the 3650, I discovered the quality improved vastly after updating my firmware to version v4.13. You may also stand to improve somewhat by toying with the BT Voice Quality setting within the service menu. See the archived messages here for more info on getting to that setting.

3. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Also on my t608 you can choose to "transfer sound" to the car, phone, or presumbably, if I had a headset, to the headset. Of course you have to do this via the phone's menu, not the car's control.

4. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

Hmmm. On my T616, I see no way to "Transfer Sound." One would think they'd have similar menus. What is your path to find that?

Thanks.

5. Steve Goldenberg

Steve Goldenberg New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's funny because I have the opposite situation. The Jabra 200 headset does NOT work anywhere as well as the Prius BT.

6. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    While in a call (only) and I call up the menu, I have the following choices under the heading "Preferences". This is the only available menu during a call:

1. Speakerphone
    2. Mute
    3. Phone Info
    4. Lock Keypad
    5. Turn On Silent
    6. Voice Dial
    7. Turn off tones
    8. Turn on TTY
    9. Post Note
    0. Bluetooth
    Phone Status
    Receive Item
    Transfer Sound (really quite buried! Luckily you can scroll UP and find it quickly, don't have to scroll down through all those choices)