1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Terrapass

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bredekamp, Mar 20, 2007.

1. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Who here has signed up with Terrapass?

Do you use the bumper sticker? I would love to, but the bumper sticker is kinda ugly.... :huh:

Where did you apply your sticker? Include photos.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I signed up with TerraPass for both Prius. I put the vinyl-cutout on the back dark glass on the edge where it doesn't obscure any of the window and the small certificate on the pasenger's side rear window, the little one behind the door. I agree, the bumper sticker is not aesthetically pleasing. Sorry, no pictures.

3. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I signed up for terraPass, but I never got my bumper stickers.

Since I joined, I discovered that there are quite a lot of these programs, and TerraPass was not in the highest rated category. Oh well.

Peace --

4. chogan

chogan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ Mar 20 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]409234[/snapback]</div>
    I did an extensive study of Terrapass and decided that they do not in fact offset carbon in any quantitative way. At best, you should consider purchase of a Terrapass as a small charitable donation in support of cleaner energy. The discussion is summarized in the last post of this thread:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=2...mp;hl=terrapass

That last post reflects my understanding as of a couple of months ago when I wrote it. I have since learned more, and have found firms (other than Terrapass) that do a more convincing job of offering you a quantifiable reduction in C02 emissions.

A few months back Consumer Reports had a short article that simply accepted and repeated carbon offset retailers' claims at face value. I wrote them to suggest that they were wrong to do that, explained why they were wrong, and suggested that they need to look into it further. I never got a response beyond a form reply.

So, for what it's worth, Consumer Reports endorses Terrapass. At least as of now. But upon detailed study, I believe purchase of a Terrapass does not result in any quantifiable reduction in C02 emissions. Believe whomever you want.