1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tesla Autopilot vs. Cadillac Super Cruise Comparison

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Tideland Prius, May 17, 2018.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Update on Model 3 from video above

2. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Now we have a moderator posting negative third party reviews without comment. Most Tesla enthusiasts are well aware of Edmond's reviews. The moderator has posted old "news" that is no longer valid.

Regarding the Edmond's reviews:
    • Reviews were posted in February and March of 2018
    • Latest Over The Air improvements in March was version 18.10
    • Current OTA improvements to autopilot are up to version 18.18
    • The current version of autopilot is significantly improved over the March version. It just keeps getting better and better.
    • Cadillac autopilot never gets improved, it has no capability for OTA improvements
    • If Beta means that there will be constant improvements to the system, then yes, Tesla Autopilot will always be in Beta version.
    • Tesla requires that autopilot users to be fully engaged and keep their hands on the steering wheel and be fully responsible for control of the car at all times
    • Tesla advises in the owner's manual that autopilot be used only in controlled environments like on a well marked freeway. Did the Edmond's reviewers even read the owners manual?
    • Something like 90+% of Tesla owners who have autopilot and use it regularly are VERY SATISFIED with its performance.
    • Tesla Autopilot is a $5000 option. If you don't want it, you don't have to buy it. You can purchase it later as a software update if you change your mind
    • Tesla Autopilot is transitional to a Full Self Driving car of the future. At this time, Cadillac has no such plans.
    I am getting Autopilot on my car. If used as directed by Tesla, it relieves fatigue on long drives and reduces the chance of human error in driving. Is it perfect? No, but it is better than anything else out there including Cadillac and Toyota. I will use it frequently to make driving safer for me and drivers around me and it gets me closer to perfect. The Edmond's reviews are short sighted and uninformed. Consequently, they are nothing more than FUD in retrospect.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. That's why I posted BOTH videos because there was an update to their original video that was filmed BEFORE Autopilot version 10.5 update. They went back to the same road in similar conditions.
    1. Please watch the 2nd video
    2. I can post whatever I want (and so can you). You'll see that I've created other threads before for other cars and listed all the reviews. I don't care if it's positive or negative. I'm just posting to make it easier for members to access the videos (esp. if they're older or less technically inclined). Any insinuation on your part of my contempt for Tesla is of your own fabrication.
    3. We've been through this before with the Prius.. so grow a thicker skin. Most of us veterans have gone through almost a decade of Prius hate, not unlike to what you're seeing now with Tesla. When the Prius became popular, the level of outspoken disdain and ridicule increased simultaneously.
    4. Just like Tesla owners, Prius owners had a much more positive and enthusiastic view of their vehicle compared to the automotive media (referring to your other post in the Model 3 Review thread)

Trollbait likes this.