1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tesla could not keep it's claim

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by chinito77, Apr 25, 2007.

1. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This might be old news but Tesla Motors, said Wednesday that its roadster would go a shorter distance on a full charge than anticipated according to news article at http://www.insidebayarea.com/business/ci_5726935]Inside Bay Area.[/url]

Only a 50 mile cut back. Still an impressive car I think. I was behind the capital today off New Jersey ave when I saw what looked like a mock fueling station with guys in suits waiting around. There was a sign that read Telsa. Looks like someone is showing off to congress.

I stood there for a while then left since the car wasn't there. Then as I hit the end of the block, I can hear the sound off an electric engine (Thinking it was a prius at first) approaching. Some young guy zipped around the corner with some suit in the passenger seat. He then slowed down as people began to crowd the area. It was a nice car to see in person. Very Ferrari looking. :D

2. drsurd

drsurd New Member

Tesla GETS GRANT to develop CHARGING STOPS 'CHOPS'

California grant to Tesla to develop charging stops ('Chops') for plug ins. Go California! IMO Tesla Plug ins will hit 1 million in sales faster than Prius hybrids. The noble Prius has done it's job. On to the next Gen.
    http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/05/25/is...ughout-america/

"So, what might this Tesla "gas" station be like? Tesla says the charging station technology it has developed "could be used to power up electric vehicles throughout the state of California." If the company's plan to sell pure-electric vehicles across the country in the next few years takes off as expected, I wouldn't be surprised to see these stations popping up in a lot of places, which would put the idea of "limited range" in an EV out to pasture. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of solar enhancement to the stations, either, since Tesla will offer a home solar option with their cars. How much will it cost to "fill up"? Will people choose to get their energy while out and about (like we do today) rather than from the home plug? Is this project just a one-off to prove the technology and then license it to others? So many questions..."

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They *can* keep their claim. They're choosing not to - for many reasons. Yeah, it is old news. Been out for at least a few weeks now. The beauty of the company is how transparent they're being. They're still being quite conservative on the range numbers anyway. A good driver would be able to achieve 300 miles on what they're claiming to be a 200 mile range car.

Regardless - they're are best shot at following a real business case for BEVs. I wish them all the best.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What a lot of folks don't realize, is that for an EV, driving style makes a much bigger difference than it does for a gasoline car. The Tesla Roadster is aimed at sports-car enthusiasts who want to accelerate hard and go fast. More laid-back drivers will go a lot farther on a charge.

However, I recently got an email that Tesla is raising the price of the Roadster from $92,000 to I think it was $98,000. The email gave a few days to order one at the old price. But since there is still not a definite production date, I declined the offer. I think there is not a Roadster in my future. I'll drive my Xebra until something more modest than the Roadster comes along. Maybe an Obvio. Or maybe the Tesla family sedan that's supposedly slated to be their third car.