1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Tesla driver shoots and kills another one over supercharger station

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Gokhan, May 4, 2023.

1. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    An argument over a Tesla supercharger station led to the shooting and killing of one of the drivers.

These Tesla supercharger stations are perilous.

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe when the Tesla supercharger stations around here are set up with the CCS adapters, I'll think twice about using them. :eek:

3. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    This exactly.....is why I had to leave Colorado. So Sad. :unsure: (and I've been a CCW holder for over 10 years.)

TGrracie, bisco and Gokhan like this.
  4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    (sigh ....) once again our beloved op tries to paint the picture of all ev's (especially Tesla) of the world as being evil electric. lol truth of the matter is over 100 to one per 100 million miles of incidence. Consider the following within just the past few days that the OP fails to deliberately mention;

Screenshot_2023-05-04-15-07-24-75_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg View attachment 240731 Screenshot_2023-05-04-15-07-24-75_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg Screenshot_2023-05-04-15-06-37-17_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg View attachment 240731 View attachment 240731 Screenshot_2023-05-04-15-04-52-36_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-04-15-03-10-47_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

True fortitude - where an anti ev'er never gives up relating stories that will hopefully somehow kill ev sales. Can't wait for the next bit o ridiculous irrelevance
    Would it be better to just playcate the nonsense and say, "oh wow yes we must stop electric car production" ??

#4 hill, May 4, 2023
    Last edited: May 4, 2023
  5. ColoradoCrow

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Perhaps the two were arguing over the delivery of weed? Or distribution to the correct cartel members? Kickbacks are high for the best delivery person. That is known.:sick: GAS Stations are KNOWN to be hotspots for robbery. Tesla owners have money, "Lets go rob them!"
    I gassed up at Costco in Colorado. Lots of people in line. Only getting gas, (not other things) and an attendant and my CCW. (and never at night.)(y)

6. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The argument was reportedly over a Tesla supercharger station, but the suspect is not talking. Investigations will determine what really happened. Perhaps the Tesla cameras recorded the incident.

ColoradoCrow likes this.
  7. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    How is this Prius, hybrid, EV, or alt fuel news? Gun use isn't limited to any of those.

PriusCamper, hill and ColoradoCrow like this.
  8. ColoradoCrow

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    True. I guess it is violence at a EV Charging location? The two are just a coincidence? News yes but maybe it should be moved in a different area?(n)

9. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The argument and killing was apparently over a Tesla supercharger station.

10. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's more of a result of an argument with perhaps a dash or two of self-entitlement....
    I think what the EVangelists are trying to point out is that you're many times more likely to be assaulted at a gas station than you are at a supercharger station.
    For one thing, the would-be criminal isn't likely to want to hang out and wait until the car is charged.
    Usually the person charging the car is either inside the Whole Food store or they're actually inside the car with their phone in their hand being triggered by something on the internet.
    Also, most of the supercharging stations are cashless, and even behind the tinsel curtain, Teslas still stand out a little.

SO...
    Even though it's much more likely that Tucker Carlson will be replacing Whoopi Goldberg on the View than it would be that the person inside a charging Tesla has a firearm, it's still not an inviting place for a car jacker to be.

ON THE OTHER HAND.....
    A Corolla with a nozzle sticking out of it's hip at a gas station is like an ATM for car jackers.
    You KNOW that the car will be full of gas in like....a minute, and that the owner has their wallet or pocket-book AND the key fob WITH THEM at the time.
    Sometimes?
    They even go inside and leave the motor running for you.
    In under a minute, you're gone - blending effortlessly into the landscape littered with a BUCNH of other small egg-shaped FWD imports and hopefully not with a sleeping toddler in the cargo bay.

A gas station is one of the very few places that I almost never carry concealed.
    SO far so good.
    I haven't had to put the pump nozzle down yet. :D

11. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    A couple of months ago, the driver behind me at a Chevron Station went inside his SUV and fell asleep while fueling. Somehow the automatic shutoff didn't work and gallons of gasoline spilled as a result. I had to knock on his window to wake him up. I later alerted the attendant on the pond of gasoline spill, and she either didn't speak English or didn't care. It was a close call. I drove off before the whole place exploded. LOL

pakitt likes this.
  12. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So. People and argue and kill over parking spots. One of the parties driving a Tesla, or one parked close by has no relevance to the incidence. Lines and rude behavior at a gas station could easily lead to such an outcome.

Luckily, neither had a gun in this case.
    Two charged after gas station line fight amid panic-buying
    "The man and woman argued over spots in the line and each spat in the other’s face before the fight turned physical and a cellphone was damaged, police said."

13. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    yes - it'd be like someone wanting to bring up their unrelated topic / favorite car so they say, "it's going to rain tomorrow so my HYBRID CAR may get wet".
    ;)

14. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  15. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Perhaps the only thing more vile than gun worship via the hate-based brainwashed amongst 330 million of the USA that is about to hit 1/2 billion guns owned is the ----> sensationalist corporate TV News objective of "If it bleeds it ledes."

It's truly an out of control feedback loop of shock & awe inspiring ever more fear and loathing... So don't go anywhere or leave your house. Just let your fears rule and give all the corporations all your money and shut up. (aka: range anxiety means many things when you got so many gun worshipers living out their wrongly projected desire to fire off their load.)

Or rather, imagine something better... As in:

"Pronoia is the antidote for paranoia. It's the understanding that the universe is fundamentally friendly. It's a mode of training your senses and intellect so you're able to perceive the fact that life always gives you exactly what you need, exactly when you need it." TOP 25 QUOTES BY ROB BREZSNY (of 78) | A-Z Quotes

gunsfreedom.jpg

Gokhan likes this.
  16. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    One presumes.

I've been in a few arguments with people while armed.
    Not that many, of course, since I don't go around LOOKING for a reason to get into OR SUSTAIN arguments. ;)

Generally speaking, I look for ways and means to DE-escalate the very few confrontations I'm forced to deal with.

17. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    One presumes.

I've been in a few arguments with people while armed.
    Not that many, of course, since I don't go around LOOKING for a reason to get into OR SUSTAIN arguments. ;)

Generally speaking, I look for ways and means to DE-escalate the very few confrontations I.

Merkey likes this.
  18. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    While far less fashionable and 'newsworthy', several parking space combatants around here have proved that the car itself makes a very effective weapon.

19. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I am intrigued.
    Were you under the impression everyone near a Tesla charging station is somehow immune from anger?

If a shooting makes a type of location “perilous” then lots of other places are “perilous”.
    Such places would include Schools, offices, post offices, movie theaters, bars, restaurants, single family homes, apartment buildings, sports arenas, shopping malls, parks, oh, and Toyota dealerships (https://www.mystateline.com/news/police-investigating-death-at-loves-park-toyota-dealership/).

Unfortunately, when you define something so widespread as “perilous” you basically render the term meaningless.

Trollbait likes this.
  20. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    An ex-neighbor almost got killed in a road-range incident in LA here a couple of days about the same time as this Tesla killing. He honked at the car in front him because it wasn't proceeding at a green arrow. The deranged guy got out, punched his window broken, told him that he was going to kill him, and then proceeded trying to get into his car and kill him. He managed to drive away with a black eye, but he was very scared, as he was certain that he was about to be killed from the crazy looks in the guy's face. Cops told him that he was very lucky that the guy didn't have a gun, and the doctors told him that he was lucky that he didn't lose his eye.

21. ColoradoCrow

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Man that is awful.:( But I am not surprised .I had several instances of road rage in Colorado all involved men 20-40 years of age who went berserk over not being able to get around me in traffic. Honking, cursing and flipping me off. I remained calm. This just made them madder. I'm pretty sure they were looking for confrontation. I just de-escalated it by ignoring them..even when one zoomed past me and ran into a street sign messed his car up......and then speed away.:eek: People are in their own "entitled" bubble... Does that neighbor have a fire extinguisher in his house? I hope so to protect himself from kitchen or grill fires...he might was to think about personal protection and self defense tools. Maybe he will now. I hope he heals and takes steps to safeguard himself. Maybe not honking at others? at a bare minumum?
    Either way I'm sorry that he had to experience that.

Gokhan likes this.