1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tesla is finally going to release everything we want to know about Autopilot/FSD as NHTSA forces it

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by sylvaing, May 7, 2024.

1. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Tesla is finally going to release everything we want to know about Autopilot/FSD as NHTSA forces it | Electrek

"Subject System: Suite of software, hardware, data, and any other related systems on or
    off the vehicle that contribute to the conferral of any vehicle capabilities that Tesla labels
    Level 2 or above, including but not limited to the various “Autopilot” packages, but not

including Full-Self Driving Supervised/Beta"

So Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and TACC, not FSD.

So why does the Electrek article mentions "other self driving manufacturers"? It's not even about self driving. Will the NHTSA asks for the same data for other "Level 2+" data from other manufacturers? How many will be able to give the same amount of data Tesla can? What if they can't? Will they be fined for not providing the same data?

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I've only scanned pages 1-8 of 18. So far, a lot matches my experience with the latest version of FSD. I'll try to annotate what I find in the NHTSA letter that I've had 'hands on' experience.

Bob Wilson

#2 bwilson4web, May 7, 2024
    Last edited: May 7, 2024