1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tesla Motors recalls a third of its cars

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Octane, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Octane

Octane Proud Member of 100 MPG Club

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Then why is their POS stock still priced at $21. Lol....

3. Octane

Octane Proud Member of 100 MPG Club

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Somebody else pointed out that when your vehicle is made of smoke and mirrors, you can't afford to let too much of the smoke out.

4. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    'recall' makes it sound more serious than it is.
    The low voltage wire that COULD fray if it is rubbing on one of the carbon fibre panels has happened ONCE.
    With this happening once Tesla is checking out that model year vehicle and fixing the issue at no cost.
    It does not affect the main power systems and is really a non issue. Except to those that like to read disaster at every turn.

1 person likes this.
  5. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    :confused:
    Smoke and mirrors?
    Come on, we should be happy to see true EVs actually out on the road driving around.
    If you want to call hydrogen cars 'smoke and mirrors' fine, but calling the roadster that is rather silly.

6. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The funniest thing is that you're talking about like 400 cars (literally). For all the talk of the company's success, it's not like they have even Lamborghini level sales.

7. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What do you expect from Lucas electricals? At least that is what I would guess is in a UK chasis that the Tesla is built into...

8. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    A lot of the people that buy this car tend to be the type of people that will say "they're just replacing an electrical wire in a headlight" versus the people that buy Lamborghini's and don't even know how a piston works. (yes, that is a generalization, but I think you get my point)

9. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I drove a Honda Clarity FCX at AltCarexpo this past Friday. I don't think it's smokes and mirrors. I talked to one of the engineers at the expo. He said that these cars are for test purpose only, much like Toyota lending out the Prius PHEV for a week type of thing. Except that Honda is charging people for it and at a longer term. Not everyone can lease it even if they can afford the $600/mo lease. They have to reside within certain miles of hydrogen refueling station. The Clarity uses hydrogen to generate electricity to power an electric motor. It has regen braking. I'm not sure what size the HV battery is. Exhaust is pure water.