1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TESLA Roadster spotted on freeway

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by arnoutterschure, Sep 13, 2007.

1. arnoutterschure

arnoutterschure New Member

I spotted a black Tesla roadster on monday on the 280 south bound, between San Jose and San Fransisco at around the Woodside exit, when I drove back home from work at around 4:30PM. It was black and much smaller than I thought it would be. When I spotted it from behind some distance away, I thought it was a Ferrarri at first, cause it sure looked like one. Finally I could read the letters T E S L A on the back and I got all exited! I took out my camera phone and shot a few pictures (I know, distracted driver: unsafe, but this was a historic moment, so please forgive me). The car was license plated etc, so I assume that they are now ready and accepted for the road? From the side, the TESLA looked like an Austin Martin type of car, and from the front like a Porsche. Very, very nice design. I guess all Prius owners, like me, can start ditching their bragging right license plates with texts like "55mpg", "no gsgzlr" etc, becasue the TESLA does "infinte MPG"....

Main question thus is: is the TESLA now accepted for the road and has it thus passed all its crash tests etc?

2. arnoutterschure

I spotted a black Tesla roadster on monday on the 280 south bound, between San Jose and San Fransisco at around the Woodside exit, when I drove back home from work at around 4:30PM. It was black and much smaller than I thought it would be. When I spotted it from behind some distance away, I thought it was a Ferrarri at first, cause it sure looked like one. Finally I could read the letters T E S L A on the back and I got all exited! I took out my camera phone and shot a few pictures (I know, distracted driver: unsafe, but this was a historic moment, so please forgive me). The car was license plated etc, so I assume that they are now ready and accepted for the road? From the side, the TESLA looked like an Austin Martin type of car, and from the front like a Porsche. Very, very nice design. I guess all Prius owners, like me, can start ditching their bragging right license plates with texts like "55mpg", "no gsgzlr" etc, becasue the TESLA does "infinte MPG"....

Main question thus is: is the TESLA now accepted for the road and has it thus passed all its crash tests etc?

3. sea-horsea

sea-horsea Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(proudpriusowner @ Sep 13 2007, 12:18 AM) [snapback]511763[/snapback]</div>
    Define TESLA

4. sea-horsea

sea-horsea Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(proudpriusowner @ Sep 13 2007, 12:18 AM) [snapback]511763[/snapback]</div>
    Define TESLA

5. skandale

skandale Member

You took pictures and did not post them?!?

Wow! Please, please, please post pictures! B)

6. skandale

skandale Member

You took pictures and did not post them?!?

Wow! Please, please, please post pictures! B)

7. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(proudpriusowner @ Sep 12 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]511763[/snapback]</div>
    They are still in certification, though VERY close. Seemingly on schedule for fall 2007 release to the owners. What you saw is still not a production vehicle as none yet exist.

8. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(proudpriusowner @ Sep 12 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]511763[/snapback]</div>
    They are still in certification, though VERY close. Seemingly on schedule for fall 2007 release to the owners. What you saw is still not a production vehicle as none yet exist.

9. arnoutterschure

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skanDALE @ Sep 12 2007, 10:26 PM) [snapback]511767[/snapback]</div>
    sorry I don't have the cable to download them to my computer and they don't show that much detail that you can figure out it's a TESLA, i think. But hell yes, it was a tesla! no mistaken there. The big letters T E S L A in the rear where unmistaken! Awesome.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sea-horsea @ Sep 12 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]511766[/snapback]</div>
    not to be offensive but.... duh... www.tesla.com... the all electric sports car. I thought everybody, especially hybrid/prius owners would know it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 12 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]511769[/snapback]</div>
    how come it had license plates etc, it sure looked kinda used to me.

10. arnoutterschure

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skanDALE @ Sep 12 2007, 10:26 PM) [snapback]511767[/snapback]</div>
    sorry I don't have the cable to download them to my computer and they don't show that much detail that you can figure out it's a TESLA, i think. But hell yes, it was a tesla! no mistaken there. The big letters T E S L A in the rear where unmistaken! Awesome.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sea-horsea @ Sep 12 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]511766[/snapback]</div>
    not to be offensive but.... duh... www.tesla.com... the all electric sports car. I thought everybody, especially hybrid/prius owners would know it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 12 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]511769[/snapback]</div>
    how come it had license plates etc, it sure looked kinda used to me.

11. LochNess

LochNess Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Haven't seen a whole lot of action on the lot where the dealership's going to be in Menlo Park yet.

12. LochNess

LochNess Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Haven't seen a whole lot of action on the lot where the dealership's going to be in Menlo Park yet.

13. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(proudpriusowner @ Sep 12 2007, 10:45 PM) [snapback]511771[/snapback]</div>
    Because it is one of their many street-legal prototype test vehicles. They have many, many thousands of road miles on these prototypes.

14. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(proudpriusowner @ Sep 12 2007, 10:45 PM) [snapback]511771[/snapback]</div>
    Because it is one of their many street-legal prototype test vehicles. They have many, many thousands of road miles on these prototypes.

15. sea-horsea

sea-horsea Junior Member

sorry my bad.....I did read about TESLA in a magazine a few months ago...I just didn't recall the name...DUH! hehe

16. sea-horsea

sea-horsea Junior Member

sorry my bad.....I did read about TESLA in a magazine a few months ago...I just didn't recall the name...DUH! hehe

17. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LochNess @ Sep 12 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]511773[/snapback]</div>
    Not much action to have until there are cars to sell. And since the cars have already been pre-sold, there may not be much action even when the cars DO arrive! It'll be a long while before they have them sitting there on the lot awaiting a purchaser! Tesla has stopped all advertising for the roadster so they can get the pre-orders delivered, and begin the White Star project that so many of us are waiting on!

18. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LochNess @ Sep 12 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]511773[/snapback]</div>
    Not much action to have until there are cars to sell. And since the cars have already been pre-sold, there may not be much action even when the cars DO arrive! It'll be a long while before they have them sitting there on the lot awaiting a purchaser! Tesla has stopped all advertising for the roadster so they can get the pre-orders delivered, and begin the White Star project that so many of us are waiting on!

19. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  20. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius