1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Test Drive: 2009 Toyota Venza four-cylinder

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    North Vancouver, British Columbia – Those of you who can remember when the first Toyota Camrys were sold in Canada may recall that the first-generation model (1982-1987) was available as a four-door hatchback as well as a four-door sedan. The second-generation Camry (1988 -1991) dropped the hatchback bodystyle in favour of a station wagon, which continued briefly with the restyled third generation Camry wagon (1992-1996).

But after that, Toyota discontinued Camry wagons in North America, likely due to the rising popularity of their modern-day replacements: minivans and SUVs

Today, wagons are making a comeback – but they’ve been re-packaged as “crossover vehicles†with taller bodystyles, bigger wheels, fancier interiors, available all-wheel drive, and a sportier image. While station wagons are seen as boring “soccer Mom†vehicles, crossover vehicles add perceived style and luxury to the basic utility of a four-door wagon.

CanadianDriver Test Drives Test Drive: 2009 Toyota Venza four-cylinder

2. acdii

acdii Active Member

Up close they are ugly, saw one parked at a store the other day and thought the Pontiac Aztec was making a comeback. I want to see a REAL station wagon like I had back in the '80's, but get better than 21 MPG. The stuff I could haul in that car was amazing, and it was a regular car, not this massive SUV looking thing.

3. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Big, heavy, ugly. It's unfortunate the number of real station wagons to choose from is so small in the US.