1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Test Drive: 2011 M-B E350 BlueTec

Discussion in 'Diesels' started by Tideland Prius, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After a year’s hiatus, Mercedes-Benz is once again selling a diesel version of its mid-sized E-Class sedan in Canada. While this new-generation 2011 car has the same 72-degree 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 engine as the previous edition, the exhaust is now scrubbed clean thanks to MB’s BlueTec, a system that injects urea into the exhaust stream. Working with a special catalytic converter, this addresses NOX (nitrogen-oxide), the bugaboo of diesel emissions.

Mercedes has a long history of selling diesel sedans in North America, and while these cars may have a narrower appeal here than in other world markets, those who like ‘em, like ‘em a lot. Canadians especially show a fondness for the oil burners.

Full Article

2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you for the links to the interesting articles you have been posting lately. They are in a publication that most USAians wouldn't run across by accident.

It would be better is you posted the quotes as quotes though.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    np. Nothing like a good sunday reading, eh? haha.

Sure I'll keep that mind. I have noticed on occasion that people thought the preview paragraph(s) were my opinions lol.