1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Test Drive Challenges

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by blulou, Mar 7, 2005.

1. blulou

blulou New Member

I am very interested in possibly purchasing a 2005 Prius, but I have to test drive one first. I live in Austin, TX and can't find one to test drive from San Antonio to Waco to Houston. Any ideas? I have tried Enterprise and they don't have any to rent.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    if you drive to San Jose, CA.. or bike.. have a bicycle.. roller blades?... a large kite? hehe.. i'll let you test drive mine. :)

3. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Rental companies :pukeleft: seem reluctant to purchase the Prius or other hybrids for their fleets. I've heard excuses surrounding maintenance, consumer acceptance, and consumer usability. I don't believe them. Anyway, some Toyota dealers also act as Toyota rental companies. The trick is to find one that will be willing to rent you a Prius when it comes on the lot. I've heard that some are more than willing to do it than others and then throw in the rental cost as a reduction in your purchase price if you come back and buy a vehicle from them. That is a nice touch.

My test drive experience was limited, but I actually got one. A friend was in town visiting and we went by the local Toyota dealer. He thought that they might have them, but my experience had been that they never did. However, that day there were 4 in base config in white that were purchased by the State of Washington. So, they let us take one out for a very limited drive. I was sold.

A much longer drive would have been nice, but not really possible. Better to have had something than nothing.

4. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE

This is going to sound odd, but I found a number of Prius' advertised on ebay coming from dealerships in the San Antonio and Ft. Worth areas. I am thinking that if they have the car's to sell, then, surely they should have the cars to test drive.

Call around, don't stay within your immediate area. I know Texas is a big state but there must be someplace that will let you try before you buy.

My hubby says that if you are in Claremont, California you could test drive mine (nice of him to offer) and I may be going to see family in the Ft. Worth & Amarillo & Granbury areas so if I do, I will be sure to post and if you are still in need of a trial drive I will be happy to volunteer.

Oh, and I just had a thought, check in the local clubs and road trips thread. You might be able to link up with the local Prius club where you will find help, companions and possibly a chance to wrap your mitts around this wonderful car.

Take care,

Tisza