1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Test drove a HiHy - big mistake :)

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by nfschlaack, Feb 2, 2011.

1. nfschlaack

nfschlaack Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So I went to the St. Louis Auto Show and Toyota has a set up where you could drive a 2011 HiHy, Prius, Camry, 4Runner an a Tundra. I've been drooling over the HiHy for a while now so I decided to take a drive.

Result? I was excited when I started and depressed when I got out. Why did I have to get sucked in?! :frusty: Worst part was it was a top of the line model too. $$$ That'll teach me I guess.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Care to share? What didn't you like... what did you like?

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm guessing that it was too expensive and has poor mileage compared to a Prius.

I'd briefly test driven a HyHi before but it wasn't a 2011. :( They didn't have them yet...

4. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The reviews I've read about the Highlander hybrid have been somewhat mixed. Too much $$$$ for cheap and bland interior.

5. nfschlaack

nfschlaack Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    True, the interior could be labled bland but it's OK to me. Also true that it is a lot of money. But I've based what I liked by photos, brochures and the occasional staring through the glass at the dealership waiting on servicing. It was very quiet, even in ICE mode. It's just that the HiHy been on my wish list for a long time, getting to drive one was a real treat for me. True, not the mileage of my Prius, but it's obviously comparing apples to oranges in that regard.

6. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It sounds like you really want one. How many miles do you drive, will the worse fuel economy be that bad. Ok bad thoughts :rockon:

I really want a porsche 918, but that is hundreds of thousands. The HiHy doesn't seem overpriced in comparison.