1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

test drove a prius today

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Camille087, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Camille087

Camille087 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So, I test drove my 3rd Prius (a black one) and still can't figure out what to do. I'm in love with the Spectra Blue Mica and specifically requested the color at the Toyota dealer I went to today, but the guy tells me that after searching all Southern California Toyota dealers (probably an exaggeration), that the color is not available.

Then I asked if they had the Seaside Pearl (my 2nd choice). They had one but it was Package 6 and I'm looking for Package 2.

But I still want THE SPECTRA BLUE! They were trying to make me "deals", saying I might not have to pay a premium if I would be willing to take a color they already had on the lot.

So, bottom line: what am I to do here? Should I wait for the color I want and see if anyone finds it, or just jump in and take whatever's available? Have any of you just jumped in and now regret it? Is getting the premium waived really worth it? Let me know.

Thanks - Camille :)

2. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've always believed that if you don't buy the car you really want, you'll never really be happy with the one you do get.

A premium? Most of the posts I've seen here are from buyers that got a discount like I did when I got mine about six months ago.

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Find a reputable auto broker. They are not burdoned by an incentive to get you to take one they have on hand. Most Credit Unions will have a cooperative agreement with a reputable auto broker.

4. Sonny Jim

Sonny Jim New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Get the color you want.