1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank you Carters ... lives lived well

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, May 30, 2023.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: Rosalynn Carter, wife of 39th US president, has dementia, family says | Georgia | The Guardian

Rosalynn Carter, wife of 39th US president, has dementia, family says
    The former first lady and lifelong mental health advocate, 95, lives with her ailing husband, Jimmy Carter, 98, in Plains, Georgia

I have and continue to appreciate the Carters. Fortunately we all get die someday and I suspect my quips about my own death (73 years old,) may have irritated a younger ex-wife.

Bob Wilson

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Having married a Steel Magnolia myself, I've always liked Ros, faulting her only in her dating habits - buuut then you do not get to choose who you fall in love with.

Something that I found to be VERY unique among Navy wives, most particularly those in the Silent Service, she was very slow in forgiving Jim for resigning his commission in '53 and returning to Sumter County by Gawd Jawja - which says much about her perception of the comparative lifestyles.
    Rosalyn fashioned her "second in command" style in both mansions by channeling Eleanor (for whom she was named?) AND Jackie, and she was completely unafraid of calling her husband out when he got out over his skis.
    Publically.
    In the 70's, and in the Deep South!
    Her quote about an infamous Playboy article was informative.
    Dolly, Sarah, Edith, Eleanor, Jackie, Rosalyn, and yes....even my girl Hillary.
    It's very amusing how some people's perception of Presidential Spouses are a reflection of how they PERCEIVE their mates.
    ...so far, a vestigial remanent of the perceived male patriarchy?
    If so...
    Some rise to the challenge, and some most assuredly DO NOT.

Eleanor Rosalyn (Smith) Carter MOST ASSUREDLY DID AND DOES - still!

Had her husband had listened to her more (or channeled some of her intestinal fortitude) one wonders if James would he have gotten a second term.
    Me?
    I think not.
    He would not have gotten the first term! ;)
    He would probably have retired as a USN one-star, given his talents as a nuke - a profession whose members are, especially now radically unsuited for a life in politics!!!!

She makes the best of it still......

#2 ETC(SS), May 31, 2023
    Last edited: May 31, 2023