1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank you EV Powers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Classic_pri, May 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Classic_pri

Classic_pri Former 2001 Prius 0wner

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    My wife's 2007 Prius lost its traction battery Thursday night, showing P0A80 and P3017 codes. I live in southern Wisconsin and had seen many of Eric Powers' helpful posts on this forum, so I gave him a call.

We had visions of having to wait for days or weeks for a new battery, but when I called Eric on Friday morning, he said he could have a battery ready for installation today! AND, he offered to drive the 40 miles to our home and do the work in our driveway for a nominal mileage fee.

What a pleasure it was to have Eric come out and do the work, offering tips along the way about keeping our car in good condition. Out the door, the new Toyota battery Eric installed was $500 cheaper than the lowest price I could find from a Toyota dealer selling batteries online.

I can't say it's an absolute delight to drop a couple grand on a new battery, but spending the money with a guy like Eric takes some of the bite away. He is a man on a mission.

JahT, SFO and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!

you are very fortunate to have him in your area.