1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank You Everyone

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ErikU, May 1, 2006.

1. ErikU

ErikU New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that is involved in this website. This is actually my first post because all of my questions were answered in previous threads. Very helpful. I'm in the DFW area and with gas prices going up, driving a 01 Cherokee was not that pleasant as of late. My girlfriend's father has an 05 Prius and I have ridden in it a few times. I was thoroughly impressed everytime I got to ride in it, from the mpg, comfortable room, clean display, and of course all of the "gadgets" on the dash. I debated for a couple of months wither to trade my jeep in and get a prius. I scheduled an appointment for last Monday, test drove and placed an order for a silver 06 package 2 it should be here in ~ 3-4 weeks. :D Can't wait! Also opted for the security system and of course the carpet mats but that was about reaching my limits......really didn't need a new car......the jeep only had 58000 on it. I really don't do too much driving but do enough to where I will be seeing less gas payments. Rather pay more for a car with all the accessories that I want then to be shelling it out to shell. Plus, I am very aware of the environment and have always felt ashamed for driving a guzzler. So the Prius will be providing yet another remedy. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for doing such a good job selling such a great vehicle.

Thanks

Erik

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats and Welcome !!! You will love the ride! :rolleyes:

3. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Welcome, Erik! Getting rid of a Cherokee with 58K miles was probably a good idea, even if you didn't "need" a new car.

Don't know if it's too late to cancel any options you agreed on, but the Prius is practically non-theftable as is. I think that's a dealer-activated option (the wiring is already built-in, just needs to be activated), unless they're selling you an after-market one.

I think #2 is a good choice, too. They don't sell 'em in CA, so I had to settle for a #3.

If I remember right, most Texas dealers "upgrade" the inside mirror on the Pkg. #2 to the Homelink version and mark the price up accordingly. Did yours?

4. ErikU

ErikU New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If I remember right, most Texas dealers "upgrade" the inside mirror on the Pkg. #2 to the Homelink version and mark the price up accordingly. Did yours?
    [/quote]

Not that I know of. If they upgraded it I definately didn't have to pay for it. Hope I get the upgrade for free....just be an extra bonus. :) I am already very pleased with the service I got at the dealership. I even got $100 off the msrp, I know not much but every bit counts :)

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome to PC and I hope the wait for your new Prius doesn't feel like an eternity. :)

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :eek: quote: "If I remember right, most Texas dealers "upgrade" the inside mirror on the Pkg. #2 to the Homelink version and mark the price up accordingly. Did yours?"

Through a "Meetup Group" and other Prius owners in the Dallas area I know, not one has been "upgraded" in the mirror category. Not sure what he's "remembering," but it seems to be in error.

I sing in the Plano Civic Chorus and, as a result of my Prius, two other singers in a group of ~100 have or have ordered Prii. Looks like these "weird" cars are beginning to catch on. The current "wait" seems to be 3 - 4 weeks selling at MSRP. :D