1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank you Google.....

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by buzzard767, Aug 12, 2009.

1. buzzard767

buzzard767 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    .....for leading me to PriusChat.

I ordered a IV with solar option via iPhone from the golf course on Monday. The salesman thought it was an unusual way to deal but that's just me. There are no Prius's available here in Wausau, WI so obtaining a price below MSRP is impossible. They tried to steal my trade in but once they found out my dad was a 40 year dealer here and after I explained to them that the owner of the local auto auction is a golf buddy of mine and I could quote all the wholesale prices for the last couple of weeks within a 300 mile range they settled down and made a fair deal. Solar models are somewhat rare this far north but I live in Naples, FL Nov. through mid-May so they make perfect sense to me. I'm expecting a 2-3 month wait for my car.

PriusChat is an excellent forum and I've already learned a lot over the last two days. Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs.

I was also pleased to see that vBulletin is used. I'm a moderator in another forum which uses the same so I know it, ummmm, inside out. :cool:

2. Bica2go

Bica2go New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome to PC! I found this forum the same way and it has been a treasure trove of information. Thanks also to all the wonderful contributors here that make it such a useful site.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome, Buzzard, to Priuschat! :welcome:

We aim to please.

4. GreenPri2009

GreenPri2009 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, I too should be thanking google! I wonder why the dealership doesn't inform customers about it.

5. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Because we keep telling people not to buy their paint and fabric protection, extended warranties, and overpriced service packages :_>