1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank you, LeBron James

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As a somewhat closet NBA fan, but this morning I woke up and felt like shouting "I Love This Game!" from the top of my lungs. And I owe it all to LeBron James. For those of you that didn't get a chance to watch last night's game, this is all you need:

[​IMG]

Or read some of these:

http://deadspin.com/sports/nba-playoffs/nb...-awe-265137.php

Is the NBA back just because of LeBron's single performance? Probably not. But does this give me hope that maybe we're seeing the beginning of the new NBA? I hope so.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I stopped watching the NBA many years ago, and more recently I've scaled back watching college ball, in large part because of the attitudes of the players. I've been impressed with LeBron since he hit the league, not only in living up to the hype surrounding his ability, but also with his maturity. I can't imagine the pressure on him as many regarded him as the Second Coming of Michael in high school! But he's handled it with more class than many of his peers could ever hope to have. He'll probably have me watching game 6, game 7 if played, and the finals if the Cavaliers make it.

4. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I live in the Akron area and watched LeBron play all through high school. You knew he was special and was going to be a huge star even when he was a freshman. Anyway, as a lifelong Cleveland sports fan, it is nice to finally have a true star playing for one of our teams. Sure, we have had some great players along the way, but none like LeBron.

On another note, he is building a new sports bar in the town where I live that is supposed to open in the fall.

5. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Umm... I dont get what this post is about... Of course I have never seen a basketball game in person or on television before so perhaps I'm not supposed to get 'it'?

6. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My wife, who is from Parma, just outside of Cleveland (and thus knows of heartbreak in multiple sports), went to bed early - she felt that if she stayed up to watch them, they would lose. Maybe she was right. I watched to the end and was amazed at the inability of the Pistons, arguably one of the best defending teams, to stop James...

7. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Jun 1 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]453509[/snapback]</div>
    LeBron James is a 22 year old with the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NBA. He went straight to the NBA out of high school after being heralded by some as the next Michael Jordan. He's already had an impressive NBA career for such a young man, though not at a championship level yet. Last night in a double-overtime win in the league playoff semifinals he scored 48 points, including the last 25 of his team's points. Many sports analysts today are calling it one of the league's best playoff performances ever. Important from a strategic perspective is that it was a win on the other team's court with the series tied at 2-2, which puts the next game and potential series clincher on his own court. If they win that, they're in the championship series, first ever for Cleveland.

8. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I also live just outside of Akron and it was the talk of the town, impressive to me is that my 4 year old woke up at about 11 last night and I let him watch the end of the game with me and he couldnt take his eyes off the screen. If you know the attention span of a 4 y/o they normally wont stay seated for more then 10 minutes yet alone an hour or more as the game didn't end until past midnight.

9. morpheusx

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

10. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morpheusx @ Jun 3 2007, 12:45 AM) [snapback]454230[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, but I couldn't watch it. I was at my fiancee's house and she doesn't have cable. :(

11. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

sorry - don't watch hockey.

12. morpheusx

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 3 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]454343[/snapback]</div>
    lol
    A good point, for I think alot of us sportsfans forget that most people could careless about sports and the rest quit paying attention once their team is out of contention only exception is the NFL.