1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank you Nancy Pelosi and the Demoncratically controlled Congress.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well there it is, props and salutations to Nancy Pelosi and Gang. Americans' confidence in Congress has just reached an all time historic low 14% according to the latest Gallup poll. This is the lowest confidence level since 1991, 93, 94 which set a historic low mark of 18%, ironically those were the last years of demoncratically controlled congress until now. Frankly, I'm surprised it seems far too high to me.

Wildkow

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27946

2. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 23 2007, 02:25 AM) [snapback]466794[/snapback]</div>
    Kow... this is fun to see, but it's not the fault of the congress..

America has been so dumbed down by all the media that we soak up, that our attention span is about 4 tenths of a second.

Do you think there is anyone left in America that remembers "Voting out the evil repubs and voting in the good guy dems"? Heck no.. most probably couldn't tell you there were elections or what those elections were for..

So.. we're still in Iraq and the media is now having to bag on the dem congress about bills not getting done so when asked questions by pollsters, the stupid people are unhappy with how the dems are running the show.

The winner in 2008 will be whoever can mastermind a candidacy around how stupid the voters are.

They should have had a "First 100 seconds" campaign after the election. America might have been able to follow that.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a little context from the article:
    IOW, this isn't so much an assessment of congress but a reflection of the mood of Americans in general. NOt that I'm all to happy with Congress, the President, the Supreme Court, or much else in the beltway, but there is absolutely no way to say that these low ratings are connected to the fact that the democrats are in power. In fact, it's quite clear that this trend started well before they did come to power, it will take a long time to restore the public's confidence.

Please note, also, that the only thing in the survey falling faster in it's ratings is the President.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Shhhhh, quit spoiling my fun! ;)

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 23 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]466874[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry....
    Please everyone, disregard my previous post. :unsure:

6. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jun 23 2007, 11:55 AM) [snapback]466854[/snapback]</div>
    What were you talking about??

7. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 23 2007, 02:25 AM) [snapback]466794[/snapback]</div>
    I think it's because they yielded to the president and gave him the funds to continue the war. They should have stood firm but the pussied out yet again.

It was a calculated move. They showed that they tried with that initial war funding bill with timetables knowing that they would get vetoed. Anticipating(note that's different from wanting) a worsening of the Iraq war they'll be able to say in 6 months, "Well, we tried to initiate a withdrawal, but the president said no." The people seeing that the war is just sucking away more of our good men for nothing will nod in agreement and vote more dems into power to get what they want(out of iraq).

I think this is disingenuous on the dems side. They should have just kept shoving a bill with timetables over and over again to dumbass. The sooner we "cut and run" the less wasted troops there will be.

If you don't think we're pulling out, then you're a typical delusional magical thinking neocon.

8. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Jun 23 2007, 09:27 AM) [snapback]466883[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with this point. It's what the more organized neocons would have done to a dem pres. Same with impeachment proceedings. It's pushing back, continually, to derail his agenda by keeping him entangled in legal mire. Same tactic used against Clinton. It's not whether or not the have the votes to proceed. It's to show their constituents and the rest of the world that his free lunch is over. This wimpy democratic congress is as much of an embarrassment as junior.

9. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jun 23 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]466891[/snapback]</div>
    Junior is ths spoiled dumbass brat. The congress is the enabling parents.

10. sassypamela

sassypamela New Member

I wish someone would please just blow Dick Cheney, I mean Bush, so we can impeach his nice person.

We need to be out of Iraq. We can not even provide our veterans adequate medical care.

What are Nancy Pelosi and congress supposed to do when captain brainiac says he's going to veto every bill they pass and DOES? They had to come up with some kind of compromise for the child.

Anyway, 576 more days.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Jun 23 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]466891[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I do admit I wish they all had bigger balls and just stuck it to that idiot.

Seriously, enough with the stay the course. It's so sad seeing all these people die. (our troops & the Iraqi civilians) FOR WHAT?

How about instead of days of CNN coverage on Paris Hilton, let's do stories on all the soldiers that have lost their lives.

I don't agree with the war but I do feel for our country's military.

11. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Outside of the Hightstown post office there is an "Impeach Bush" stand staffed by supporters of an independant candidate. The slogan on the President's photo is "Like a rock...but dumber."

IMO, Bush may have started the war but if Congress had some backbone and balls they should have asserted their constitutional authority. Since they have chosen not to, they are now equally responsible. All of them need to find real jobs but that's not going to happen.

12. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Jun 23 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]467014[/snapback]</div>
    True, dat.