1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank you Toyota for Tire Sensors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusFTW, Nov 15, 2007.

1. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My tire sensor idiot light came on. The next morning I checked the tires when they were cold. When I got to my driver side rear tire, it was only 32psi and I normally keep it at 42psi. The Prius is the first car I ever had with tire sensors and I'm so glad and thankful for it. It could have prevented an accident or blowout. I will get the tire checked, I must have a slow leak because over the course of a week's time, it slowly leaks air. Thank you Toyota!

2. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sorry to post an unsubstantiated rumor, but I thought I heard those sensors were mandatory on all new vehicles...? But yes, it's an important safety feature that also happens to help your fuel economy too!

3. ezbngrn

ezbngrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    They are nice to have I just hope they work better than the ones on my 04 highlander. The light is always comming on for no reason. I always have to take it to the dealer to have the light reset. I have just decided to live with the light always on.. :angry: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Nov 15 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]540023[/snapback]</div>

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Again with a rumor and no supporting reference, but I'm pretty sure in the Prius it's easy to reset the TPMS light. There's probably a similar method for resetting it in your Highlander. I guess if it comes on frequently enough, then a piece of black tape is a better solution :)

5. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ Nov 15 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]540003[/snapback]</div>
    Don't thank Toyota, thank the U.S. Federal Government.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/rulings/TirePresFinal/

6. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Nov 15 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]540029[/snapback]</div>

Yes it is easy to reset in the Prius, there is a button below the steering wheel column, just hold it in til the idiot light stops flashing and it will disappear when it is set.