1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank You Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by bowerda47, Oct 7, 2016.

1. bowerda47

bowerda47 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    On way home from a visit with my Granddaughter. Semi heavy traffic. Speed about 50 MPH. Checked right side mirror to change lanes when the guy in front of me slows down rapidly. Collision avoidance activates and warns me in time to apply brakes, avoiding a very nasty collision. Thank You Toyota!

RCO, glennonrp, john1701a and 5 others like this.
  2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had much the same thing yesterday going about 80km/hr with DRCC, tight traffic, reasonable gap in front in slow lane preparing to exit, I noticed car slightly in front of me had indicator on to move into my lane, there was plenty of room. BUT, the car in front of him also made the same move, despite there not being room for him. I was glancing in my rear view mirror watching someone moving in behind me into a gap which didn't really exist - DRCC adjusted suddenly, then the Emergency braking beeped and Emergency BRAKING intervened to avoid the suddenly decreasing gap in front - fortunately the.truck moving in behind managed to stop in time - just.

RCO and glennonrp like this.
  3. Gen 2 Tom

Gen 2 Tom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have lost count of my warnings. And I am not aggressive nor tailgate. I must not be paying as much attention as Toyota thinks I should. It gets hyper sensitive when the car in front of you slows and your accelerating. I love this feature.

#3 Gen 2 Tom, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's nice! just means my manual collision avoidance technology (DW) can relax a little.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring

Yeah I keep thinking: using the 6 to 8 second rule can save your nice person a lot of times too. I'm not a luddite, appreciate something this tech could save my bacon sometime, but in the meantime keeping a generous buffer helps, a lot. I don't much give a dang if someone "cuts me off" either, I'm easy.

RCO likes this.