1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thank you. Your suggestions helped a lot.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by finiyon, Jul 31, 2008.

1. finiyon

finiyon Re-Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks to everyone who sent out their best wishes for me. I want to specifically thank morpheusx for the not so silly idea of writing to Toyota USA after my little “incident†:fear:back in June . . . June 2nd . . . June 2nd 2008 . . . June 2nd 2008 at 4:16 p.m. EST.

Well, I wrote a nice note to Mr. Lentz and included the “after†photo. Eight days later, I get a phone call from the Owner Retention Manager for Central Atlantic Toyota. She thanked me for the letter, asked me what exactly I was looking for and let me know that they would be expediting a vehicle through their corporate allocation system.

Over the next two days I had two conversations with the District Manager for my area, just to make sure that they were looking for the exact Prius I wanted. He said that they would most likely have a Prius for me by the end of July.

I picked up my 2008 Prius Touring, package #3 in black last evening!!! It’s good to be back in Prius land. Yes, I paid sticker (minus $250 for being a Costco member). Yes, I sent them a follow up thank you note.
    :whoo:

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We're here to help. :)

Congratulations!

3. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's a really neat outcome finiyon. Thanks for letting us know, and kudos to Toyota.

4. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It's nice to know that Toyota has some personal service and will take care of some needs. I wonder if they will be as accommodating with a service problem rather than to make a sale?

5. tlaine

tlaine New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I looked up your previous thread and I am amazed and glad you were not hurt worse. The Prius is a great car and I'm glad you were able to get another one so soon. =) Toyota is truely awesome. =)